14-24 f/2.8 and 24-70 f/2.8

webmastadjwebmastadj Posts: 219Member
edited August 2017 in Nikon Lenses
Hello all....

I am looking at purchasing the 14-24 f/2.8 and/or the 24-70 f/2.8 to complete my trinity. Are there any updates coming up for those two lenses? Hate to purchase and nikon update them in 12 months.

Thanks.
Post edited by webmastadj on

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Nothing that I know for the 14-24, but the 24-70 has just been updated from G to E so that's done for the next four/five years.

Just buy them!
    Always learning.
  • webmastadjwebmastadj Posts: 219Member
    edited August 2017
    Lol, I wish I could "just buy them." Since January, when I started photography, I have spent $20,000+ when you include the kayaks, photo studio rentals, prints, etc. So needless to say, I am trying to slow it down a bit.

I will probably wait on purchasing both. When I do purchase one, it will be the 24-70 based on the fact I use that focal range 7 times more than the 14-24 (got to love lightroom metadata).
    Post edited by webmastadj on
  • starralaznstarralazn Posts: 204Member
    why have you spent so much? why do you need all that stuff? are you selling commercial photos? do you have a deep client base?
    Lol, I am including everything. And I want to start selling commercially but you have to start somewhere. Needed the studio rental and a model so I can get some photos for my portfolio. The kayaks I use to go out and get some nature photography on the river. Of that $20,000, maybe $12,000 is actual camera gear. And considering a camera body and the 70-200 f/2.8 can cost $5,000......I wouldn't classify that as "a lot" of stuff.
  • autofocusautofocus Posts: 625Member
    I have a laundry list of Nikon cameras and lenses not to mention Profoto D1 strobes, I don't even know how many soft boxes and other modifiers, C Stands, backdrops well, you get the picture. Here's the funny part, I've never been paid for a photo. I just like photography and work hard to fund my hobby. I've preordered the D850 because I want it. Not all things have to be business oriented. If I made more money I would collect old Ferraris. I do get tired of all the pros telling us what we need. If you can afford it, buy it.
    @autofocus Sounds like you have a lot of toys! I want the D850 as well, but for now, rather spend that money on glass. What is a D850 without any good glass? Backdrops will be next for me, unless I end up just getting them with the 24-70. B)

I am hoping photography will at least pay some dividends in the future but until then, just enjoying the journey.