I killed my Tamron 24-70 f2.8

13»

Comments

• PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    While I have a tamron 150-600 this little thread has indicated that you are better buying Grey Nikon than Tamron/Sigma
  • SearcySearcy Posts: 801Member

retread said:

Have you tried United Camera repair in Chicago. Their web site says they service all Tamron lenses.
    http://www.unitedcamera.com/lens-repair/

Hate to burst the bubble, this from United Camera;

ALL Tamron Lenses
    We apologize, we no longer service ANY Tamron lenses. The parts are extremely limited or no longer available.
    This is basically the same answer I got from Peach Tree in Atlanta.
  • SearcySearcy Posts: 801Member

While I have a tamron 150-600 this little thread has indicated that you are better buying Grey Nikon than Tamron/Sigma

Last time I checked Sigma and Nikon would still work on a gray market lenses they just wouldn't do it as warranty work.

As others have advised I'm just going to sell the thing for parts and enjoy my Nikor 27-70 2.8 VR. It's taking me a while to get used to the zoom and focus rings being flipped on the Nikor.
  • Ton14Ton14 Posts: 698Member
    edited January 2018
    Well, this thread gives me one conclusion and that is, no Tamron for me anymore. I have one (original) 35mm f/1.8 with 5 year warranty, that should be ok and it is a top lens. Reading that parts are extremely limited is ......... ??
    Post edited by Ton14 on
    User Ton changed to Ton14, Google sign in did not work anymore
  • HankBHankB Posts: 222Member
    Is Tokina also a gray market repair problem?
  • retreadretread Posts: 574Member
    I have a Tamron, Sigma, Tokina, and some nikkors. Nothing is gray so I should be OK. All have USA warrantee.