Lexar XQD cards...

KillerbobKillerbob Posts: 699Member
edited October 7 in Nikon DSLR cameras
I really want the 128GB Lexar Pro XQD card, but I can’t find it anywhere in stock. I’d also like to buy the 128GB SDXC UHS-II card. I would prefer to get it in the US, because of the price, but I’m almost willing to get it from anywhere...

Suggestions?
Post edited by spraynpray on

Comments

• WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 2,256Member
    I have six of the 64s on order. I have been waiting for a month and will continue to wait.

I did get 2 32s. Fast...
  • BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Posts: 16Member
    edited October 3
    That's odd. I wonder why the shortage. I purchased the Lexar 128GB XQD on amazon in June 'with' the reader for 165.00. They're available on ebay for stupid money.

Adorama simply says they're on back order. Hard to say why. Perhaps a container fell off the ship. There has been rumors that XQD wouldn't catch on. Perhaps there was a run on the XQD cards, and the 128 probably were not produced in the same quantities as the 64s and 32s.

128GB is pretty honkin'. The only reason I needed it was I wanted the extra capacity for doing time lapse.
    Post edited by Betelgeuse on
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 2,256Member
    Well Lexar announced that they were discontinuing cards and/or selling the division. A Chinese buyer bought it. We seem to be waiting for them to get their "s%%$" together.
  • BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Posts: 16Member
    Ah, the more I think about it, with the D850 release, and the monster file sizes, people are probably buying them like crazy. If your not in a big hurry, I'd pre-order at B&H, Amazon, or Adorama, "the big guys" and be patient.
  • KillerbobKillerbob Posts: 699Member
    I am unfortunately not a patient person, and I hate just hanging there. Any of you who have seen them “in stock” anywhere?
  • vtc2002vtc2002 Posts: 308Member
    I bought mine at a local camera store. They had 5 or 6 left last week. I am going to the store tomorrow. I can check if they have any in stock. I will send you a PM if they do.
    That would be great:) The perfect combo would be;

- Lexar 128GB XQD, 2933x
    - Lexar 128GB SDXC, UHS-II, 2000x

Thanks in advance.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 3,474Member

Well Lexar announced that they were discontinuing cards and/or selling the division. A Chinese buyer bought it. We seem to be waiting for them to get their "s%%$" together.

The manufacture may not have the rights to make XQD cards, since they only bought the brand name 'Lexar' from Micron (who bought Lexar for its patent portfolio), but not the patents.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
    I’m glad I already have all the adapters for my Lexar Workflow setup; SD, CF, XQD, and SSD.
  • kanuckkanuck Posts: 1,233Member
    I just got my 64 GB Lexar card off ebay this past week and a 128 GB sony card as well. They both arrived in 10 days. You are right killerbob that there definitely is a shortage though for Lexar 128 cards. I gave up and went the route I did instead as I want to get XQD shooting.
    I am not in the bad situation, I have the 128GB Sony card, the new G series, but I hear better reviews on the Lexar card...
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 922Member
    Kanuck I would be very careful buying memory cards from Ebay There are a lot of copy fake cards including some very good fake copy packaging
    Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 3,474Member
    edited October 7
    paulr said:

Kanuck I would be very careful buying memory cards from Ebay There are a lot of copy fake cards including some very good fake copy packaging

+1 To that. Too many stories of fake cards being sold on there. Make sure you test them to make sure they are getting the rated speeds.

Unless you are buying the card through a well known and reputable retailer (which sometimes sell on eBay), be very careful. Be watchful on Amazon as well, because unless the card is being shipped and sold by Amazon itself, or a well reported third party that sells through Amazon, you could also get duped.
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 5,298Moderator
    Yes. What PaulR said.
    Always learning.
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 922Member
    I bought a Lexar Card on Amazon and 11 months later it failed. Amazon replaced the card FOC. Now thats what I call service.
    Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits
  • jdphoto77jdphoto77 Posts: 7Member
    I picked up 2 - 64GB Lexar XQD and 2 - 64GB UHS-II 2000x back in early/mid-september from B&H. They came right away, guess I snuck an order in just in time. Was tempted by the 128GB cards though, especially since I shoot in "backup" configuration. Been using Lexar cards since I got my first DSLR in 2007, had one SD card fail a few years back and Lexar replaced hassle free...we'll see how these go though, return prospects are more dicey now with that buy out if one of them fails.
    Finally found a vendor in Germany who still had stock, and they're on their way to Greenland:)

So, I have a set of the fastest Sony cards (G Series XQD and SDXC UHS-II), and now a set of Lexar (which should be the fastest...)

I would prefer SanDisk (which I use for all my other cards (CF and SD)) but they do not make XQDs.