DXO Bankrupt

PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 1,405Member
Another forum announces DXO bankrupt ..well a bit sad ..about 12 months ago this site was very useful until they changed the search system and it was impossible to use ..so if its impossible to use I wont miss it..well not the 2018 version.

Comments

• NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 1,861Member
    From what I understand it's the camera division of DXO, not the dubious or questionable camera rating division.

You know, it's the camera add on to bottom of your phone, which I just checked was selling for $500 with a 1 inch sensor. It's so wonderful DPReview didn't even bother to do an official review on it. Or you know, you could just buy a Sony RX100.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • decentristdecentrist Posts: 26Member
    There goes 75 percent of the stupid comments about sensor ratings and lens sharpness thank god!
  • Ton14Ton14 Posts: 197Member
    Works very good for me, at least everything is tested the same way, not subjective and much better then the sellers.
    User Ton changed to Ton14, Google sign in did not work anymore
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 1,405Member
    I found it good to compare cameras eg 14mm Samyang on a D800 20mp on a D810 27 mp tells me a lot about Low Pass filters and the field view is very useful particularly if comparing 600mm lenses wide open. The present layout is a mess as I cannot type in the lens I am looking for and go straight to it . Search is a bit useless.