Z7-Z6 Lenses

1212224262730

Comments

  • SymphoticSymphotic Posts: 704Member
    Jack Roberts
    "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,373Member
    Wonder what's next - there aren't any others that have been announced but not yet released, right? I'm guessing 14-24 2.8 and 50 1.2?
  • photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 481Member
    mhedges said:

    Wonder what's next - there aren't any others that have been announced but not yet released, right? I'm guessing 14-24 2.8 and 50 1.2?

    The 100-400S and 200-600mm might sneak in there before the 14-24.
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,373Member



    The 100-400S and 200-600mm might sneak in there before the 14-24.

    I would certainly prefer those but business wise I think they need to complete the 2.8 trinity first.
  • photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 481Member
    mhedges said:



    The 100-400S and 200-600mm might sneak in there before the 14-24.

    I would certainly prefer those but business wise I think they need to complete the 2.8 trinity first.
    I wonder which is a higher seller and easier to make. The 14-24 or the 100-400. It comes to mind that both are pretty niche compared to a 24-70 or 70-200, unless I strongly underestimate the need for 2.8 ultra wide.

  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,634Member
    If you are a camera manufacturer and don’t have a holy trinity and a solid range of primes, you are not wearing any pants. Until the 14-24 2.8 is released, Nikon is not wearing any pants.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,451Moderator
    rmp said:

    I forgot -- Was it 'hot cars and fast women" or "fast cars and hot women"?

    I'll take both thanks....
    Always learning.
  • SymphoticSymphotic Posts: 704Member

    rmp said:

    I forgot -- Was it 'hot cars and fast women" or "fast cars and hot women"?

    I'll take both thanks....
    I think it’s fast lenses and hot shoes...
    Jack Roberts
    "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy
  • Capt_SpauldingCapt_Spaulding Posts: 620Member
    ``

    rmp said:

    I forgot -- Was it 'hot cars and fast women" or "fast cars and hot women"?

    I'll take both thanks....
    I can't afford either. :wink:
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,451Moderator
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,373Member
    So rumor is the 100-400 will be 4-5.6 and the 24-105 2.8-4. I'm not too surprised on the tele but I am surprised about the 24-105. I know a lot of folks prefer constant aperture but I'm happy to see 2.8-4 (if true). It gives me more of a reason to replace my 24-70 F4.
  • photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 481Member
    edited September 2020
    I can’t imagine the 24-105 being a f/2.8 to f/4. That would make it a better lens than the 24-70 f/4 on the wide end, for a lens that is almost always worse than the same era of 24-70. But it would make it a bit more distinct than being the slightly longer but always worse big brother of the 24-70 f/4 that we bundle in a kit with the d850/z7 class body.
    Post edited by photobunny on
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,373Member
    I'm reminded of the F mount DX 16-80 2.8-4 which is an excellent lens, and the one thing I miss about shooting DX.
  • SymphoticSymphotic Posts: 704Member
    mhedges said:

    So rumor is the 100-400 will be 4-5.6 and the 24-105 2.8-4. I'm not too surprised on the tele but I am surprised about the 24-105. I know a lot of folks prefer constant aperture but I'm happy to see 2.8-4 (if true). It gives me more of a reason to replace my 24-70 F4.

    The blog states "Nikkor Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S lens: smaller and lighter than the F-mount version, 105mm filter thread."

    With the quality Nikon is getting from the S lenses at wide angles, if this has a filter capability (at 14 mm?) what do you think?
    Jack Roberts
    "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,634Member
    Symphotic said:

    mhedges said:

    So rumor is the 100-400 will be 4-5.6 and the 24-105 2.8-4. I'm not too surprised on the tele but I am surprised about the 24-105. I know a lot of folks prefer constant aperture but I'm happy to see 2.8-4 (if true). It gives me more of a reason to replace my 24-70 F4.

    The blog states "Nikkor Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S lens: smaller and lighter than the F-mount version, 105mm filter thread."

    With the quality Nikon is getting from the S lenses at wide angles, if this has a filter capability (at 14 mm?) what do you think?
    I imagine that there will be quite a bit of vignetting, but still, that is quite an accomplishment. My eyebrows went up when they did that on the f/4.0. If the performance is on par with its two sisters on the Z Holy Trinity, this will be industry leading.
  • SymphoticSymphotic Posts: 704Member
    edited September 2020
    UPS just showed up at my lab. No shipping advice from Nikon, but the friendly guy in brown shorts just handed me a plain brown cardboard box with another black box inside containing a 70-200 Nikkor Z. The invoice states the ship date was 8/28.
    Post edited by Symphotic on
    Jack Roberts
    "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,373Member
    Nice! Let us know what you think!
  • SymphoticSymphotic Posts: 704Member
    mhedges said:

    Nice! Let us know what you think!

    I'm leaving work early...
    Jack Roberts
    "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,634Member
    Symphotic said:

    mhedges said:

    Nice! Let us know what you think!

    I'm leaving work early...
    I bet you are...…..
  • rmprmp Posts: 574Member
    This virus is terrible. I'm getting so screwed up in lock down that I'm thinking of buying a new lens just to have something to do.
    Robert M. Poston: D4, D810, V3, 14-24 F2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400, 105 macro.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,451Moderator
    Hey Bob, how about you buy me a new lens just in order to have something to do? Glad to help, don't mention it bud... :)
    Always learning.
  • rmprmp Posts: 574Member
    Thanks for the help, Spraynpray, but I think I will just go and take some more pictures of my dog. :-)
    Robert M. Poston: D4, D810, V3, 14-24 F2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400, 105 macro.
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,373Member
    Looks like the 50 1.2 and 14-24 2.8 will be announced next week. I’m curious as to the release dates but if they come out this year that will make 12 FF, 2 crop, and 2 TC’s in a little over 2 years which is a pretty respectable release rate IMO.
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,634Member
    edited September 2020
    mhedges said:

    Looks like the 50 1.2 and 14-24 2.8 will be announced next week. I’m curious as to the release dates but if they come out this year that will make 12 FF, 2 crop, and 2 TC’s in a little over 2 years which is a pretty respectable release rate IMO.

    Yes, and they will have all the lenses that add up to about 75%+ unit volume released. By the end of 2021 it will be 90%+.
    Post edited by WestEndFoto on
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,373Member

    mhedges said:

    Looks like the 50 1.2 and 14-24 2.8 will be announced next week. I’m curious as to the release dates but if they come out this year that will make 12 FF, 2 crop, and 2 TC’s in a little over 2 years which is a pretty respectable release rate IMO.

    Yes, and they will have all the lenses that add up to about 75%+ unit volume released. By the end of 2021 it will be 90%+.
    Yep. The only common FF lens that seems to be missing is a 70-300 type VA zoom. It would be nice to have but I guess they figure folks will use the AF-P lens on FTZ?
Sign In or Register to comment.