Sigma to make Z mount lenses

I just want to say that I am so happy about this rumor. I really like Sigma lenses and I have not yet found a camera that suits me with E, L or Sigma mount. Now I think my future mirrorless mount will be Z or RF mount, probably with a slight Z mount advantage, but I follow all developments.

I hope the rumor is true. I trust that if it is Sigma has already made sure that AF works great. I also hope that it will bring more photographers to the Z mount and will make Nikon stronger overall.

Comments

• snakebunksnakebunk Posts: 993Member
    PS. Please ignore my mention of a Sigma mount. It is early morning here :).
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,444Member
    Sigma is fine we only spit at the mention of Rockwell.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
  • MrFotoFoolMrFotoFool Posts: 353Member
    Everything is going mirrorless sooner or later (later for me). Sigma and Tamron and other lens makers will have no choice but to make R and Z mount lenses or go out of business.
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member

Everything is going mirrorless sooner or later (later for me). Sigma and Tamron and other lens makers will have no choice but to make R and Z mount lenses or go out of business.

Exactly. I expect folks will continue to use DSLR's for quite a while but I think the sales of new DSLR gear will be drop pretty steeply down to near negligible levels over the next couple years. Sigma and Tamron will need to support R and Z or be totally reliant on Sony and L mount for Sigma but I don't think that will ever get a lot of share. I don't think either company wants that, and they would be much smaller if that happened.
  • FreezeActionFreezeAction Posts: 905Member
    edited December 2020
    I've liquidated most of my DSLR gear and my next purchase will be the Z6 II I think.... If the specs deliver as well as I think they should I'm making it a small family studio go to body. If Sigma has a good 24-70 Z mount lens at that time it will get consideration.
    Post edited by FreezeAction on