Nikon 28-70 f2.0

axlroseaxlrose Posts: 38Member
Can we expect something similar from Nikon? Are they capable to do it?
Tagged:

Comments

• photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 646Member
    No reason they couldn't do it on the Z mount. But I think we'll see the 35-50mm f/1.2 first.
  • axlroseaxlrose Posts: 38Member
    I will have have to wait for a wider option :) Hopefully it will be soon enough.
  • MrFotoFoolMrFotoFool Posts: 353Member
    I would be curious to know how well the Canon version is selling. I suppose indoor shooters like wedding and event photographers would find it very useful. For me, who uses a standard zoom for landscape and architecture, I find I need 24 on the wide end as 28 is often not wide enough. Then again I wouldn't shoot landscape with a large aperture, so this lens is not for people like me.
    Here, my fellow photographers who are on Canon grabbed it. I know at least 7-8 of them, who bought it in past week. And I would be tempted too, if I would be on Canon.
    It is not a lens for wedding, but everything else makes easier. No need to take two or three lenses to portrait session, or family session...
    C'mon Nikon... :)
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,742Member
    I think that Nikon would be more innovative to do:

10-20 2.8
    20-50 2.8
    50-120 2.8
    120-300 2.8

• mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member
    axlrose said:

It is not a lens for wedding

??? Hows that? I thought wedding photographers were one of it's biggest markets.
    axlrose said:

...It is not a lens for wedding, but everything else makes easier...

I agree with @mhedges above. Why do you say it is not a lens for wedding? Did you mean to say it is not ONLY a lens for wedding?
    Ah that makes sense. That's probably it.

axlrose said:

...It is not a lens for wedding, but everything else makes easier...

I agree with @mhedges above. Why do you say it is not a lens for wedding? Did you mean to say it is not ONLY a lens for wedding?
    Not that it is not for wedding. Actually it is perfect for weddings, regarding focal length etc... But it is heavy as hell. And holding it for whole day, can be a pain. Fellow wedding photographers bought it mainly for off-wedding stuff. Although some will use it for a wedding too. I'd be tempted too.... using only one body and lens is huge +
    As posted on the main page, instead of this lens (or maybe in addition), Nikon is making a 28-75 f2.8 . There must be a market for this if they are making it and I wish the best to all who find it useful. For me personally, I find 24-70 much more practical because I shoot it at 24mm more than any other setting. Years and years ago when 28-70 was the standard zoom for film cameras there were many times I was at 28mm and wanted just a bit more width.
    I think the idea here is to give a more affordable 2.8 option. I will be surprised if it isn't a rebadged and/or slightly modified version of the Tamron E mount lens.
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,742Member
    mhedges said:

I think the idea here is to give a more affordable 2.8 option. I will be surprised if it isn't a rebadged and/or slightly modified version of the Tamron E mount lens.

I would be. I think that it will be a complete redesign, which will be consistent with what they have done with the other Z mount lenses.