Why don't we need an anti-alising/low-pass filter in front of the sensor anymore?

1235»

Comments

• AdeAde Posts: 1,071Member
    edited August 2013
    Good to revisit this thread again.

Back when this thread started in March, some were saying how cameras like the D800E are unsuitable for use in fashion, etc., due to the lack of AA filters.

I'm happy to say, over the past five months I've been shooting a ton of fashion events, runway, studio, all with my D800E -- and moire has been a very rare issue.

In fact, other than the above example I posted back in March, I've only encountered moire twice in five months of extensive shooting, both times in studio. (If there's interest I'll post both examples and my workarounds to them.) The first I didn't notice until post-processing, the second I noticed during shooting (and decided to reshoot the segment instead of waiting till post).

In all, I'm very happy I went with the D800E, despite the nay-sayers.
    Post edited by Ade on
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    Sure, please tell us the work arounds.
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.