what is the best book to buy to learn the Nikon D800e camera?

szatmariszatmari Posts: 2Member
edited March 2013 in Nikon DSLR cameras
i've noticed that there are several out
and that Lynda.com also offers a lengthy video (but not DVD) called Ben Long shooting with the Nikon D800.
unfortunately you can't download it, jst view it as long as you have a paid membership with them.
thnx.

Comments

• DJBee49DJBee49 Posts: 133Member
    Thom Hogan's Guides are excellent and not expensive.
  • GodlessGodless Posts: 113Member
    Start with the product manual that comes with the camera.
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,692Member
    +1 for reading the manual and Thom Hogan's Guide. I always do both.
  • SymphoticSymphotic Posts: 711Member
    The DVD for Ben Long's D800 course is for sale at Lynda.com. Click on DVD purchase on the left of the table of contents.

Lynda.com is a great choice. I usually give 1 year subscriptions to my customers if they take delivery of photographic equipment or computers with their systems. With Ben Long's course, you can also download the transcript for off line review.

The manual is the best place to start.
    Jack Roberts
    "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy
  • JohnJohn Posts: 134Member
    I read both the manual and the D800 guide by Thom Hogan.
    The manual provides all the info on how the camera works so you could use only this resouce.
    However, Thom's guide is a truely excellent reference work that explains every detail about your camera, it's internal operation and how different settings can be useful in different shooting conditions.
    I love the guide and would definately recommend it!
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    We need only one thread on "Learning the D800E"
    Msmoto, mod
This discussion has been closed.