Question for the Bird and BIF photographers

2»

Comments

• CoastalconnCoastalconn Posts: 527Member
    I agree with PB_PM, however, I feel that wearing camo is certainly better than plain clothing. The simple reason is it breaks up your body shape a little. Yes a few ospreys will hang out and could care less what I'm wearing. I know last year when hunting season started I wore a orange hat so I wouldn't be mistaken for a duck and Ospreys wanted nothing to do with me..

One time I think it really helps is if you are shooting on rocks. My "famous" shot I was tucked into a rockpile in camo and I don't think the Osprey ever saw. A few weeks ago I was on another rock an Osprey flew within 15-20 feet of me and landed in a tree about 50 feet away. I don't think it ever saw me...

With all that said, do I always wear camo, no... But I do most of the time even if I feel silly walking around on beaches :) But yes, everything PB says is true. I'm lucky that I am almost always alone so I think some Ospreys actually recognize me.. just a theory I have...
  • tc88tc88 Posts: 537Member
    edited September 2013
    Coastalconn, I can see camo and rocks can be a good match with both having irregular shapes. Thanks for the insights and I will keep that in mind next time I'm in similar situations.
    Post edited by tc88 on