D2013 Wishlist

2»

Comments

• PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    I'm game for built in arca plates, on cameras and lens foots, it would save the trouble of having to buy new plates each time you upgrade. Of course that would be a real bummer for people who use Manfrotto/non-acra plates. :D
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • JerryBurnellJerryBurnell Posts: 6Member
    edited December 2012
    Have the mirror go up and delay for just a quarter of a second before the shutter goes off, (for tripod shots) to let the mirror flap vibration to settle down before the sensor is exposed. This would be helpful for long lenses like my 600mm. I do not think My D3X has this feature.
    Post edited by JerryBurnell on
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    Mirror delay mode has been on all Nikon cameras of the D90/D7000 class and up for many years now, look under section D of the custom settings menu for "exposure delay mode".
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • JerryBurnellJerryBurnell Posts: 6Member

Thank you PB-PM, I have read three books (including the manual) on this "old" camera and totally forgot that function.

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    I mentioned it in my earlier post Jerry.  I use it so much that I have it on a function button.
    Always learning.
  • GodlessGodless Posts: 113Member
    AF-S 20mm f/2.0G
    AF-S 135mm f/2 G VR 
    AF-S 200mm f/4G micro
    AF-S 300mm f/4G VR 
    AF-S 400mm F/5.6G VR

D400 (D300 size magnesium body, 16mp, 8-12 FPS, high ISO performance like the D7000) 

Sold.
  • BlinkingeyeBlinkingeye Posts: 21Member
    A wildlife photographers dream: 18-20MP DX sensor in D800 body, 8 fps without grip (10 with..), native ISO 12800, same autofocus as D4/800, buffer size approaching that of a D4 and for those rare occasions 1080P, 60fps.
    I would pay good money for something like that..

Yes, please!
    No only, yes please, but pretty please. 

I also like the idea of in-body radio transmitter with pocket wizard functionality.

Also, let's make the body more "permanent".  A solid magnesium body that is upgradable as sensor and firmware changes....just like the Red Scarlet or Epic.
  • rschnaiblerschnaible Posts: 308Member
    More free time to capture more images
  • Benji2505Benji2505 Posts: 522Member

+1 on that Bob, although it is a good problem to have these days.
  • CorrelliCorrelli Posts: 135Member
    AF-S 20mm f/2.0G

+1

+1
  • framerframer Posts: 491Member

A DX size D4 w/same type sensor in DX size 6.8MB  same AA filter same AF system..

Now build it for speed. fastest shutter, fastest focus, shortest delay, biggest buffer, highest QUALITY megapixals 50 -200,000 ISO. 

Well that's my want.  A D4h DX, it would be worth more to me than a D600 maybe even more than a D800. 

framer 

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator

+1 on that Bob, although it is a good problem to have these days.
    I would happily settle for that too, along with more decent weather to do it in.
    Always learning.