What's your experience like with NPS - Mine have only been terrible customer service -

cfophotocfophoto Posts: 3Member
edited August 2014 in General Discussions
What's your experience like with NPS USA - My experiences have only been terrible customer service -
I just got sent replacement equipment that does not work - also they don't 'do' phone calls~ email only.... so when they get to your email, they get to your email, they are very busy- they told me... I contacted them immediately after my replacement equipment didn't work and still have not heard back - I have a shoot Monday - it's Friday - No camera! No interest?
Oddly enough I have a friend in Australia who is a NPS Australia member - When I spoke to him about the mechanical issue with the replacement equipment he phoned the person in charge of NPS Australia on the NPS Australia representative's cell phone, because in Australia they apparently do "do" phone calls and they do answer their phone, The rep explained the issue and said the camera has to be sent back- I am waiting to hear from a USA rep so they can tell me the procedure for replacing my replacement camera - GRRRRR! Terrible Nikon Terrible!
Tagged:

Comments

• cfophotocfophoto Posts: 3Member
    Wait I stand Corrected- it's now the end of the day Friday and I heard from Deborah McQuade- she is going to send me a new piece of equipment that I will not receive in time for my photo shoot Monday - I will most likely get it Tuesday. I want to note I contacted them Thursday night and left a phone message early afternoon on Friday - If this rep cared about the people she worked for she would have gotten me this for my Monday shoot.
  • cfophotocfophoto Posts: 3Member
    OK now I just asked Deborah whom her manager is and this is the reply -
    I am currently out of the office and will reply to your email upon my return on Monday August 18, 2014.
    You may request a consignemnt thru your NPS account at www.nikonpro.com (log on is required)

Now please note, if Deborah finishes work at 5:00pm - she has sent this note premature
    NPS USA sucks which only points out to me that Nikon does not care about it's people
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Sorry to read of your problem cfophoto, it must be a real wind-up. Sounds like a cultural top-down problem in that particular office is all you can really complain about though, not Nikon in general. As an NPS member, surely you have multiple camera bodies? Is having one down really that big a deal? Don't you have a friend who can help you out? Failing that, perhaps you could get creative and go buy the same camera, do the shoot and then take it back.
    Always learning.
  • Vipmediastar_JZVipmediastar_JZ Posts: 1,708Member
    I thought NPS got VIP treatment and if they don't take phone calls that is a mess. Regular people like us can call the 1800 number or open a ticket that gets viewed almost withing 24hrs.
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    To be an NPS member you must have two bodies that on their approved list. As well as, multiple pro lenses.
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
    To be an NPS member you must have two bodies that on their approved list. As well as, multiple pro lenses.
    Something isn't right here.
    Always learning.
    edited August 2014

And I quote...via NPS United State:"Ownership of a minimum of 2 Nikon Professional Digital Bodies and 3 NIKKOR or DX NIKKOR lenses."

Qualifying gear (which needs to be updated.)
    Post edited by Golf007sd on
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
  • TomBTomB Posts: 44Member
    Yep. I refuse to ask a friend to sponsor me as I am not going to have a office at anywhere but my home ever.

So dumb. How much money have we all spent in Nikon gear only to be treated the same as someone who buys a $70 P&S.
    Www.timbersnakestudios.com
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    What is interesting is that NPS membership cannot be retained if one retires. Or, at least they do not consider past work, no matter at what level, as being the qualifier for current membership.

However, it is their club and if they do not want me, so be it.
    Msmoto, mod

And I quote...via NPS United State:"Ownership of a minimum of 2 Nikon Professional Digital Bodies and 3 NIKKOR or DX NIKKOR lenses."

Qualifying gear (which needs to be updated.)
    No Ali, my point was something isn't right here because the OP shouldn't miss one body going for service BECAUSE of the stringent NPS requirements. he also hasn't responded to any of the posts above which makes me think he is possibly a troll.
    Always learning.
    @spraynpray: OIC...roger that.
  • MikeGunterMikeGunter Posts: 543Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi all,

He may not want to go to an assignment with _only one camera_, IOW without a back up camera.

This is the circumstance that back is needed, in my book, but he may regularly shoot with two cameras during a shoot (with an assistant). Wedding and other event shooters do that often.

Being quick to Judge others isn't what we should be doing.

Nikon's NPS specifies what it will do and how it will do it. So it has an open-book standard. It is sort of pass-fail.

Edited to add - years ago, when I was in the NPS - I took some equipment to the facility that was located in Norcross, GA, and it was handled quickly and on the spot. NPS (as my memory goes - and that's a gamble) didn't really cost much, if anything and we got the magazine for free. I think you had to have certain ownership of equipment and certain employment. Also, equipment then was mechanical and parts and pieces were likely easier to fix and replace.

My best to all,

Mike
    Post edited by MikeGunter on
  • Bokeh_HunterBokeh_Hunter Posts: 234Member
    I have only met one NPS member in the past few years (worked with collegiate sports outlets and wildlife/Natgeo) and they got the royal treatment. They did say Canon was slightly better with sending temporary equipment if you needed it when they shot that brand.

The post kind of makes me think that someone mixed up NPS with standard customer service - as in they thought it is all the same bucket.
    •Formerly TTJ•
  • DenverShooterDenverShooter Posts: 416Member
    I have used NPS support multiple times (including in Germany) and they have Rocked.

Last May in Germany I needed a sensor clean after a solid soaking while doing a lens change at the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin in a driving rain storm that tore away the umbrella I was using to keep dry. I called NPS in Dusseldorf and they gave me the name and number of their service presence in Berlin. I called them and there wasn't anyone who could speak english. Called back NPS Dusseldorf and they called up Berlin and got me in first thing when they opened the next morning and they performed a clean and check in an hour and off I went.

Denver Shooter
  • MikeGunterMikeGunter Posts: 543Member
    Hi all,

@ DenverShooter

Berlin is generally 'English friendly', as I'm sure you, in broad strokes, found out. And the stelae from the Memorial are hard to forget.

My best,

Mike