Best Photo Sharing Website

HarleyFrankHarleyFrank Posts: 14Member
edited October 2014 in General Discussions
Just got a 16-35mm f/4 and now looking for inspiration and a place to post my shots. Let the fun begin!

~Frank

Comments

• PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Flickr is highly recommend. Plus it's easy to copy your image (share) and paste it into PAD.
    Also run a search using that Google Custom Search to the right side of these messages and run a search on this topic. A few months back this was discussed.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    Right, there's a big difference between sharing with others and simply sending the files to someone else.

Google Drive is quite good for sharing files, as well as One Drive and Dropbox.

But Flickr is how we usually share photos amongst fellow photo enthusiasts.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    Facebook is possibly the worst possible site to upload your photos to. Flickr, 500px, and such are much better options.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Facebook
    :-t :-t :-t [-X [-X [-X

Flicker, 500PX is the way to go.

For those that have Mac's iPhoto is also a good option via iCloud.
    Post edited by Golf007sd on
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
  • blandbland Posts: 812Member
    Guys, He's not talking about downloading, he's talking about people seeing his and being able to see many others. PitchBlack's post is absolute;y correct.
  • BesoBeso Posts: 464Member
    Guys, He's not talking about downloading, he's talking about people seeing his and being able to see many others. PitchBlack's post is absolute;y correct.
    Ditto! If you are looking for exposure at virtually no cost with the highest market penetration Facebook is the place. I despise the (anti-) social media more than most but it can be a very effective avenue for exposure and business. One caveat: When using Facebook as a marketing tool one must be prepared to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Occasionally a decent image ...
  • ThomasHortonThomasHorton Posts: 323Member
    edited October 2014
    The best platform to share your photographs is the platform that the people you want to share with already use.

If the people you want to share with use Flickr, then Flickr is the best platform.
    If the people you want to share with use FB, then... well you get the idea.

There is no universal best sharing site. If there was, there would only be one site. :)

I use Flickr because everyone I want to share my photographs with is on Flickr. I am not always happy with Flickr, but when I considered moving to another platform, I had to think that it would only work if every person I wanted to share with also switched. Hence I stay with Flickr, warts and all.

To be the next billioniare, all one has to do is make another sharing platform that allows sharing across disimilar platforms so that people on FB can see my pictures on Flickr. How hard could that be? =))
    Post edited by ThomasHorton on
    Gear: Camera obscura with an optical device which transmits and refracts light.
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator

https://www.facebook.com/flickrtabapp/info

About
    Flickr application for Facebook pages.
    Description
    Flickr Tab - Flickr application for Facebook pages. Good looking app to displlay your flickr feed on Facebook page. Feel free to setup different view options and report any suggestions! Enjoy!
  • I’ll recommend the Flickr, which is the best place to share pictures.