Df AutoFocus Screen

blandbland Posts: 812Member
edited November 2014 in Nikon DSLR cameras
When looking through the eye piece my auto focus screen is half the size it was. Does anyone know the fix?

I've tried different lenes and it's the same on all of them. Thanks!

Comments

• PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    Check the settings and make sure DX crop mode is not enabled.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • blandbland Posts: 812Member
    Check the settings and make sure DX crop mode is not enabled.
    It's on FX with DX on off.

edited November 2014
    Strange, because there are only three possibilities here. A crop mode of some kind is enabled, there is physically something on the mirror, or in the pentaprism, or there is a hardware problem. The latter of which I doubt you could fix yourself.

Question, when you take a photo, does it still shoot in FX mode?
    Post edited by PB_PM on
  • Parke1953Parke1953 Posts: 456Member
    Maybe look at what image size you have set. Could be FX small or medium.
    I checked all of that and it's set correctly.
  • Parke1953Parke1953 Posts: 456Member
    Do you have a Magnifying Eyepiece installed or a Right-Angle Viewing Attachment. The Right-Angle Viewing Attachment has a 1X or 2x magnification lever. I know you would have checked this but just in case.
    Do you have a Magnifying Eyepiece installed or a Right-Angle Viewing Attachment. The Right-Angle Viewing Attachment has a 1X or 2x magnification lever. I know you would have checked this but just in case.
    I just noticed the ring piece is gone that mounts to the eye piece, that must be it. It must have a lens in it to that magnifies.

edited December 2014
    So your saying that the standard round eye piece with the rubber is missing (which is a thin piece of glass)? Regardless that eye piece has no magnification.
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    So your saying that the standard round eye piece with the rubber is missing (which is a thin piece of glass)? Regardless that eye piece has no magnification.
    You're right, I went to the store today to buy a new one and they said the same as you. They think it might be my mirror out of alignment.