Sony's Future. Is it bright?

2»

Comments

• sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    If you ever read his site, you will know he is at least a demigod. A..
    just had a look to see what quality mid range Fx zoom he recommended he came up with the 50mm f/1.8G,

• sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited January 2015
    If you ever read his site, you will know he is at least a demigod. A..
    Just had a look to see what quality mid range Fx zoom he recommended
    He came down fairly and and squarely on a prime with the 50mm f/1.8G,
    so are his recommendations based on what he reads on nrf or the other way round

Post edited by sevencrossing on
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    Sony sold a couple of prime properties last year as well. I think one was the New York HQ building that went for a billion dollars or so. Probably needed the cash.

The shops are not there to do large sales, just for the "image" . So there goes the image :-) ....

They eventually did come up with a system ( mirrorless ) that worked but too many changes on the way that left a ton of let down/disappointed DSLR consumers. Soon a shitload of Alpha lenses will be extinct due to the last mount change ( to E ) - not sure how the Alpha DSLT line is going..
    I forgot about that building! I went there as a kid during a summer camp trip. It was pretty cool, we saw widescreen TVs displayed there along with the Aibo dog thingy. This might have been the summer of 2002.

That building is very stately and it's sad they're selling it.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • kanuckkanuck Posts: 1,300Member
    edited January 2015
    Here in Korea, even Walmart went bankrupt and vacated the country after just a 3 month go at it. Costco was failing about 15 years ago, but they formed a valuable alliance with Samsung and managed to pull through. An interesting thing about Costco here is there excellent camera section actually. IKEA just arrived late last year and is thriving apparently at the expense of hurting local retailers...
    Post edited by kanuck on