Nikon D610 - Won't turn off and r13 message showing.

TaraTara Posts: 36Member
edited January 2015 in Nikon DSLR cameras
Hi, I've got a new Nikon D610 and a 70-200 mm lens that I've been using for the past couple of months. I've not had any problems what-so-ever until today. Went to shoot - nothing fast - just a shot here and there and then it won't shoot at all. It just says r13 and flashes. I've read that it's something to do with the buffer but I've shot fast sports events and NEVER had it do this. And then it wouldn't turn off. Maybe because it was busy? I don't know. I tried to turn it off because it wouldn't stop blinking r13.

Any thoughts?

Do I need to return my camera?

Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    Have you pulled the battery? Re-mounted the lens? Try a different lens? Memory card?
  • HammieHammie Posts: 258Member
    I had the issue with a memory card. What card do you have? You may need a faster card -- 90Mbps+.
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Remove the lens and gently wipe the contacts on the lens. Reinstall and see if the error message repeats itself. Then do a camera reset. It's covered in your manual if you don't know ho to do that.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    @Tara: Have you tried any of the above suggestions? Do reply, it's only polite...
    Always learning.
  • TaraTara Posts: 36Member
    I think it might have been the SD card. Thanks for the tips. I was feeling like my new camera might have been busted!
    @Tara: Have you tried any of the above suggestions? Do reply, it's only polite...
    Yes thank you. I thought I had replied and when I saw your comment I checked the thread. I think I must just not have pushed the post comment button.

Remove the lens and gently wipe the contacts on the lens. Reinstall and see if the error message repeats itself. Then do a camera reset. It's covered in your manual if you don't know ho to do that.
    I wiped the contacts - thanks.

I had the issue with a memory card. What card do you have? You may need a faster card -- 90Mbps+.
    I 'think' this might be the problem but it's never happened before which is what concerned me.

• PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    @Tara - once in a great while things happen. Don't be too concerned. We all have seen this happen once or twice.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Of course, the removal and replacement of a memory card should always be done when the camera is powered down. Glitches occur due to not powering down and these are very unpredictable.
    Msmoto, mod
    @Tara - once in a great while things happen. Don't be too concerned. We all have seen this happen once or twice.
    That's very reassuring!! Thank you.