Nikon D3300 Repair

harshitvhharshitvh Posts: 4Member
edited February 2015 in Nikon DSLR cameras
I own a nikon d3300, its just 3 months old now i finally came to know that it iis suffering from shutter problem. I dont know how that problem arose i am just getting half black images at high shutter speed >1/2000 i just wanted to know how much would the repair cost?? if the nikon service centre rejects its warranty...
Tagged:

Comments

• IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    The sync speed on the shutter is 1/250th. If you fire a flash manually at a higher speed, you will get part of your picture covered by the shutter. You need a flash that supports HSS, auto FP. You also need a camera that supports it, which the D3300 does not. Your camera is operating exactly the way it is supposed to.
  • harshitvhharshitvh Posts: 4Member
    sir i am not using any flash here...even i take the photos in broad daylight at a little high shutter speed, mostly half of it will be black
  • harshitvhharshitvh Posts: 4Member
    even i had the camera tested by nikon, the also told methat it had some shutter issues. I just wanted to know what may have caused this??
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    Ah, I misunderstood. So no flash, half-black. Got it. Your shutter is toast, you will need to get it fixed. It was likely defective, and should be covered under warranty.
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Are you the original owner? Does it have a USA or grey market warranty? If your from the USA just log into NIkon USA.com and will out the forum and they will tell you the estimated cost if it is outside of warranty. If your from outside the USA, go to the Nikon web site for your country.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |