Easy ISO setting on D750?

MDof2MDof2 Posts: 10Member
edited March 2015 in D6x0/D7x0/D8x0
On my D750, and without feeling like an idiot, I've tried a half dozen times with the setting on and off and honestly don't know what the change does.
In both instances I have control via the front and rear dials on the body to adjust auto iso and the iso setting itself. Played with it in A and P modes.

Is there something I'm missing? Or using it incorrectly. I've got to push the iso button, then rotate dials, versus only rotate the front dial when in A mode. Is the not having to push the iso button on the body (left hand side above the 'i" button) what makes it 'easy'?

Appreciate the input.

Comments

• PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Pull out the manual and read the paragraph on page 341. It does a nice job explaining how menu item d8 works. The difference is what controls are used to change the ISO.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • MDof2MDof2 Posts: 10Member
    Thanks Photobug.
    I've read, and I appreciate you referencing it. So (I"m not going crazy) "easy ISO" simply making it so you don't have to push the ISO button *and* rotate the dial. Simply rotate the dial when in A mode.
    Thanks again.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Yes, but it is 'easy' to change it accidentally so although I use it, I don't have it enabled all the time. I would love the ability to be able to toggle a 'settings lock' function with one of the programmable buttons to get round that scenario.
    Always learning.