Nepal earthquake - help needed

adamzadamz Posts: 842Moderator
edited April 2015 in General Discussions
As some of you may know an earthquake struck Nepal today. Lots of people are dead many more injured. I recently got message from my nepali friend Gokul that all houses in his village (near Kathmandu) are gone. Thankfully he and his family is alive. With Peter permission I'm starting this thread. All profit from this images will go directly to Gokul's family. Please be generous. I'm not giving a starting price. However, if you donate:
- $5 or more - you will get a set of the images as wallpapers for your screen
- $30 or more - you will get an A4 fine print of one of the image
- $100 - you will get an A2 print of one of the image
my paypal account is: adam@zdebel.pl
I'll also put some links to auctions later this weekend.

Post edited by Peter on

Comments

• IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    Adam, I just sent you funds via paypal. Please let me know that you received it. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Nepal, but especially your friend Gokul.
  • tcole1983tcole1983 Posts: 981Member
    I will try to donate when I can get to a computer. Prayers for those in that region.
    D5200, D5000, S31, 18-55 VR, 17-55 F2.8, 35 F1.8G, 105 F2.8 VR, 300 F4 AF-S (Previously owned 18-200 VRI, Tokina 12-24 F4 II)
  • adamzadamz Posts: 842Moderator
    thank you guys. your the best.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    Good idea to send funds, but through a proper charity might be a better, safer idea.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
    PB_PM - yes and now. I know Gokul for couple years now. Once he even saved my butt when I got stuck in Khumbu valley. So I have no doubts about him. On the other hand I know how the charities work, and how much of this what they get they consume. So, I'm doing this for him, his wife and his baby girl.
    BTW: this is Gokul, when he was visiting Warsaw some time ago
  • dissentdissent Posts: 1,329Member
    Never used paypal before. Do I use the send option with your adam@zdebel.pl as your email?
    - Ian . . . [D7000, D7100; Nikon glass: 35 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 70-300 VR, 105 f2.8 VR, 12-24 f4; 16-85 VR, 300 f4D, 14E-II TC, SB-400, SB-700 . . . and still plenty of ignorance]
    dissent - yes, you use the email adam@zdebel.pl
  • tcole1983tcole1983 Posts: 981Member
    Done. Wish I could give more, but a bad time for me with our new son.
    D5200, D5000, S31, 18-55 VR, 17-55 F2.8, 35 F1.8G, 105 F2.8 VR, 300 F4 AF-S (Previously owned 18-200 VRI, Tokina 12-24 F4 II)
    every penny counts. thank you.
    Just a short update. After 24h you donated almost $365, that's a lot of money in Nepal though more is needed, so please be generouse. Please also keep in mind that so far that's the only way to get my fine prints from Nepal. All pictures are printed on Epson professional matt paper with genuine Epson inks. I'm The Bodnath stupa from pictures 5,6 no longer exists. Thank you, you are the best.
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Great job Adam. I wish your friend, and all those in that regin a speedy recovery. Donation has been send.
    Post edited by Golf007sd on
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
    48h update. almost $500 donated. please don't stop and spread the news. they really need money right now.
  • kkanuckkkanuck Posts: 25Member
    Well done Adam, I'm sure your friend Gokul will be very appreciative, I just sent funds to your paypal!
  • TazTaz Posts: 1Member
    Hello All, Adam. I am Nikon Professional from Japan. Thank you for your Paypal address, glad to help as much as possible. Best wishes to your friend and the people of Nepal.
    thank you guys. short update after 72h since it's started. we now have app $650 (including pounds, yen, zlotys and dollars of course :) ). can we reach 1k by the end of this week? hopefully!!! please be generous.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    As one who knows Adam fairly well, I would offer my support and encouragement to anyone who can contribute to this very worthwhile cause. Natural disasters have such a devastating impact on those involved, we cannot even imagine what it is like.

I am of the belief that by contributing to Adam's fund, this money will all go toward the relief effort, as when we contribute to some agencies, only a small percentage actually ends up with those who need it. So, if anyone can, please pass along your gift to the people of Nepal.

Thank you so much to all who can do this.
    Msmoto, mod
    edited April 2015
    Thank you Tommie for your kind words.

Didn't post funds collection update yesterday as the situation hasn't changed :(
    In the meantime some pictures from Gokul:

Also, thank to my friend from April-Foto I'm able to offer one more print for sale. This time we go big: 70x100cm (standard cinema poster size here in europe) printed on 190g photo paper. It can be yours for free (P&S) included if you donate $300 or more.

It's the Periche valley with Ama Dablam - Queen of Himalayas - on the left.
    Post edited by adamz on
    For those of you who are waiting for the prints. I have short delay, as my printer got clogged - I'll send out the pictures by the end of this week.
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,675Member
    Adamz: donation sent for your friend. I hope for the best for him. Please don't send me a print. I have enough around here already.
    edited May 2015
    thank you Donald.

as short update. I've sent Gokul today 80000 NPR - that's a lot of money in Nepal = +/- an annual salary of primary school teacher. he should get it by tomorrow.

to those of you who have any doubts on how this money will be arranged, I have none. Gokul is working closely with his friend Fahim Ragim from JRM Foundation for Humanity. So far they managed to rescue a 2 week old baby. From Fahim Ragim FB profile:
    "... Baby Lama the two week old baby that I had to do emergent dialysis with no facilities or supplies - She woke up today. She is doing amazing. Kidneys have started to work and she is recovering like a champ. Paediatric staff & I were in tears. Thanks for all your prayers. She still has a long road to recover but this is a great start..."

Also the team moved today to Pokhra to deliver more help in the epicentre area.
    Post edited by adamz on
    Short update about prints. Once again thanks to April-Foto the prints are on the way to my place. Should get them tomorrow so by wednesday they will be dispatched. Unfortunately my epson 3880 is more clogged than expected:(
    Short update. Another earthquake in Nepal. this one was 7.3. lot's of houses collapsed.

The pictures are mailed with priority mail. If you don't receive them by the end of this week/beginning of next please write me and I'll check with the post office.
  • CEBluecloudsCEBlueclouds Posts: 1,943Member
    edited May 2015
    No be very active on NR...work pressure... i have just sent my widows mite......in support of the Nepal appeal... I was there in Dec 2007 (and again Dec 2008/Jan 2009) and many of the places destroyed i visited..... I share some pictures take with my then new D300!
    DSC_0757
    Post edited by CEBlueclouds on