Administering the forums

SnowleopardSnowleopard Posts: 244Member
edited July 2015 in General Discussions
I am sure there has been a post about this before, but I can't seem to find it, so here it is. I haven't been a member that long compared to many of the members here; however it does not take long to see that there is allot of tunnel vision here.

I had a post about "first hand experiences with a particular camera body" and the tread was closed by an admin that basically said there was already a thread on that, whom later after a few other people posted responses about it, agreed that it was a separate topic.

That admin never re-opened the thread. I have also had a few other posts treated in similar fashions where things got moved or deleted with out admin actually taking a moment and thinking it though first.

We just like to pull a gun out and kill people here first and wait for them to be dead and then a week later say opps, sorry?
Post edited by Snowleopard on
||COOLPIX 5000|●|D70|●|D700|●|D810|●|AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED|●|AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D|●|AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D|●|AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G|●|AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D|●|AF-S Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED|●|AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED (Silver)|●|AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III|●|PB-6 Bellows|●|EL-NIKKOR 50mm f/2.8||

Comments

• donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,675Member
    So what will happen here? Bang, thread closed by admin? LOL
  • SnowleopardSnowleopard Posts: 244Member
    I am sure this will be closed before an admin will ever admit that there is a problem here. It's not that expensive these days to start a forum site anyway.... I should start my own photography forum with people that get the big picture.
    ||COOLPIX 5000|●|D70|●|D700|●|D810|●|AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED|●|AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D|●|AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D|●|AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G|●|AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D|●|AF-S Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED|●|AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED (Silver)|●|AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III|●|PB-6 Bellows|●|EL-NIKKOR 50mm f/2.8||
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited July 2015
    Lol i think i saw that "shooting"... was hoping that you continued the topic in the "correct" thread.. which admin directed you to and even posted your message in.. to get you started.. I guess you missed it? I thought at that time you just threw a tantrum and left it hanging...

We have had some executioner mods here on NR ! I think our current batch are well trained ;-) (LOL, I think they are just about the best of any forum this large =D> =D> =D> ) and yes I have had my threads closed .. and I did think it was a valid thread.. and discussed the topic with the Mod and I restarted another thread with a better more appropriate title.. Hmm .. maybe it was renamed and reopened...
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• framerframer Posts: 491Member
    edited July 2015
    Admin set certain policies and use mods to enforce those policies; however, there is always room for differences in interpretation of those policies and some negotiations if done nicely. If bringing a problem to a mod remember to keep it short and sweet, their time is valuable.

Policies are what keeps the forum focused, useful and define the ambience of the board. Trustme a couple of bad posters can destroy a board quickly.

A big thanks to all the Mods that keep this board going I know and appreciate all the hard work that you do.

framer
    Post edited by framer on
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited July 2015
    I am asking for a raise....LOL.

If one is serious about an issue with a moderator, send a PM to a different mod and the issue will be discussed.

The rules, http://forum.nikonrumors.com/discussion/298/forum-rules#Item_1
    number one and two sort of address this, but please remember we are all volunteers, and this forum is one for no cost to members. We are all trying to have a good time, so if there is an issue someone wishes to discuss, send me a PM.

We used to have a moderator called NikoDoby, whose reputation shall be classified as "strict". Currently, most of the moderation is pretty laid back, unless I am having a bad day.... :-*

Oh, yes, FYI, a lot of the time I am in the background checking out the many new members who I find out quite a few are really spammers. I assist in keeping these out of the forum, for the most part. About 10 or more per day try to get on the forum.
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • tcole1983tcole1983 Posts: 981Member
    Lol...been around since the NikoDoby days and never had a problem. Must just be you ;-)

D5200, D5000, S31, 18-55 VR, 17-55 F2.8, 35 F1.8G, 105 F2.8 VR, 300 F4 AF-S (Previously owned 18-200 VRI, Tokina 12-24 F4 II)
  • tcole1983tcole1983 Posts: 981Member
    Oh yeah and none were bam just closed. The mods told you in the last post why it was closed and pointed you to the appropriate thread where you post was moved to continue the discussion. Seemed appropriate to me. And one that was closed was just troll like that did nothing good.
    D5200, D5000, S31, 18-55 VR, 17-55 F2.8, 35 F1.8G, 105 F2.8 VR, 300 F4 AF-S (Previously owned 18-200 VRI, Tokina 12-24 F4 II)
  • adamzadamz Posts: 842Moderator
    edited July 2015
    closing this. IMHO, topic solved.
    Post edited by adamz on
This discussion has been closed.