Camera Reset

paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
edited August 2015 in D6x0/D7x0/D8x0
After a very busy day shooting I noticed that my D810 was underexposing the first image, same shot, same settings, second shot was perfect. Checked all the various settings cound not find the problem. Spoke to NPS and they suggested a Reset, {Information is in your manual} page 206.
For D810 owners Press the QUAL button on the left side and press the Exposure comp. on the right side, both at the same time, this will put the camera Back to Factory Default Mode, you will have to reset any custom settings you made. This procedure is different on different models check your manual.
Now why did I not think of that.
Did the Reset and the camera was perfect.
Sometimes the simplist things can cure the the hardest problems.
Post edited by paulr on
Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits

Comments

• sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited August 2015
    It is worth getting into the habit of "zeroing out", both at the start and end of a shoot

"Zeroing out" means putting the buttons and dials to a predetermined setting, leaving your camera ready to go

In my case

Aperture priority f8
    auto ISO on
    exposure compensation zero
    AUTO focus on
    VR on
    quality RAW
    timer off
    BRACKETING OFF
    no card =lock

beware the two button reset can reset quality to jpeg
    and allow the shutter to fire without a card

Post edited by sevencrossing on
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Also many of your individual settings will be reset to factory default. It took me an hour to reset my D750 yesterday when I got it back from Nikon. Now I have the settings saved onto a memory card.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |