Resources for obtaining HTML Code for Photo-A-Day

MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
There are several folks posting images on Photo-A-Day who are not using Flickr. If we can have these resources other than Flickr, this would be helpful for those who do not have a Flickr account.

Thanks all,

Msmoto, mod
Msmoto, mod

Comments

• ggbutcherggbutcher Posts: 392Member
    I've been using the website on my virtual server, $15/month at tectonic. I have to resize manually, and upload with ftp, so probably not as easy as Flickr... :D

Been messing with Onedrive; handy for posting, but they don't auto resize and they make you copy-paste some hellish <embed>tag to post the image elsewhere
  • kanuckkanuck Posts: 1,300Member
    edited November 2015
    There are several folks posting images on Photo-A-Day who are not using Flickr. If we can have these resources other than Flickr, this would be helpful for those who do not have a Flickr account.

Thanks all,

Msmoto, mod
    I deleted my Flickr account because I was no longer happy with their product and went over full time to 500px, instagram and a site that allows html codes at Imgur. Be warned though Imgur is not great for photography. The comments that are posted are done by 15 year olds ie racist, sexist, immature, or just down right nasty. However, it's an option if you don't use Flickr and have thick skin. Instagram has a copy embed option under edit, but I don't think you can get the smaller size needed to post on a site like this where at Flickr and Imgur you can. Imgur is free as is Instagram and 500px. I will longer pay for sites like these after my Flickr experiences. I might play around with Instagram to see if it works

:D

Good topic Msmoto! :)
    Post edited by kanuck on
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Thanks, it would appear Flickr is still the easiest, if one just has a small number of photos. My impression with 500px was it seemed to be more of a popularity contest, how many friends one could have.

Msmoto, mod