Father Christmas Surpises or known Gifts

paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
edited December 2015 in Fun & Weird
With the Festive Season nearly upon us, have you made enough hints to your better half to what new Nikon item you must have or need, or do you know what you want, but just have not told your better half what they are buying you .
Perhaps you are a patient person and are waiting for the huge discounts that happen in the January Sales.
Maybe we should appraise what we have and justify their purchase instead of trying to justify new equipment.
Ha, God bless credit cards.
Post edited by spraynpray on
Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits

Comments

• kanuckkanuck Posts: 1,300Member
    edited December 2015
    How about a signature on the waiting list for a new D5 in 2016? :D

My list is small for Christmas this year. I would like some more giant filters for my Lee SW-150 system for the Nikon 14-24 lens. Other than that, I will be spoiling others mostly with gifts this year. I plan on buying at least 2 starter Nikon bodies for loved ones this weekend actually.

What about you Paul?
    Post edited by kanuck on
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    After recently getting a new PC and Adobe's CC, Santa's pockets are empty so even if I 'needed' anything, it wouldn't happen. Truth is, if I can't get shots with what I've got, more gear wouldn't help.

@kanuk: "I will be spoiling others mostly with gifts this year" - Good man.
    Always learning.
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    Thanks for asking Kanuck, but have made the decision, no more camera gear. Other homely items are now taking priority much to the delight of my better half.
    And what do you buy a lady who has everything, at Christmas, and I have tried buying her cameras and thats worn a bit thin these days.Perhaps some new decorating equipment, that might go down well ?????
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    I got mine early .. so enjoying them already :-)
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

Thanks for asking Kanuck, but have made the decision, no more camera gear. Other homely items are now taking priority much to the delight of my better half.
    And what do you buy a lady who has everything, at Christmas, and I have tried buying her cameras and thats worn a bit thin these days.Perhaps some new decorating equipment, that might go down well ?????
    Good for you! I have pledged the same, except for one 150/150 Lee Filter :)

• MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    @paulr

"And what do you buy a lady who has everything, at Christmas,....?"

Well, if you insist....the new Sigma 20mm f/1.4 ART?
    Msmoto, mod
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    Sorry Msmoto, I have only one Lady in my life. Thats all I can afford.
    Can I buy a lady? hahahaha :-S