Camranger owners.... thoughts?

SnowleopardSnowleopard Posts: 244Member
edited January 2016 in Other Manufacturers
I invested in a CamRanger to use with my D700, the product works abit, slowly....over 5 years ago. I have done the firmware updates, etc kept it current.

Now I primary shoot with the D810 and I am looking for wireless AC or AD speeds and the CamRanger is wireless N at best... meaning it is useless, slow, etc, etc, etc.....

Are there any high speed wireless solutions for Nikon or Canon camera's? I know shooting tethered over USB 3.0, 3.1 or Thunderbolt will be allot faster..... But it is not wireless.

Even Nikon's own wireless solutions that are over priced don't tell you if they are wireless AC or AD.....
Post edited by Snowleopard on
||COOLPIX 5000|●|D70|●|D700|●|D810|●|AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED|●|AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D|●|AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D|●|AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G|●|AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D|●|AF-S Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED|●|AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED (Silver)|●|AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III|●|PB-6 Bellows|●|EL-NIKKOR 50mm f/2.8||

Comments

• paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    I use the same combination and have not noticed any unacceptable slowness. try using less pixels or Raw small files , Its a lot faster than CCP2 with more options.
    Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits
  • Vipmediastar_JZVipmediastar_JZ Posts: 1,708Member
    I almost bought when BnH had it for 50% off. But I would like to wait for version 2 of it. I have used the TP-link and dslrDashboard and the transfer rate is very slow. So after my tests where done I put in the storage shelf. Camranger uses the same TP-Link hardware but it is re branded and their software is much better vs dslrDashboard.

I may end up getting it for an event for a booth setup so the guests can email/text their images to themselves via an ipad with my watermark. This to me would be very useful.

I have tested D750 wifi and it works great for 1 photo transfer but it is slow. I have tested the Df with the adapter and it was very problematic but about the same transfer rate as d750.

I haven't found something faster but new models are starting to show up.
  • Vipmediastar_JZVipmediastar_JZ Posts: 1,708Member
    Looks like the sale is on again at BnH. still contemplating getting it.
  • autofocusautofocus Posts: 625Member
    edited November 2016
    Anybody tried this from tether tools, "Case Air Wireless Tethering System." Looks pretty good. $159.00 It's in stock direct from Tether Tools.
    Post edited by autofocus on
  • RyukyuRyukyu Posts: 30Member
    Are you shooting RAW or jpg?
    If RAW only, that slows things down. I shoot RAW+jpg when using the Camranger and it displays the jpg files, which is a lot faster.
  • SnowleopardSnowleopard Posts: 244Member
    Who shoots JPG? :-D
    ||COOLPIX 5000|●|D70|●|D700|●|D810|●|AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED|●|AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D|●|AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D|●|AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G|●|AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D|●|AF-S Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED|●|AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED (Silver)|●|AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III|●|PB-6 Bellows|●|EL-NIKKOR 50mm f/2.8||