XQD card prices

2»

Comments

• picturetedpictureted Posts: 153Member
    Perhaps Nikon's decision was for one extremely fast card (rare and more expensive) to clear the buffer and one cheap and readily available for mass storage. I don't think Nikon intentionally made the decision to foil it's customers.
    pictureted at flickr
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    @Pistnbroke Just noticed that you have a tokina 80-400 in your sig. when/if you have time I would be interested to hear your opinion on it .. more for nostalgic reasons.. (a new thread maybe? )
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Use PM @heartyfisher...
    Always learning.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    The CFast card prices for the canon seem to be far greater than the QXD so maybe Nikon got it right ...OK 1/2 right as they only fitted one ...
  • DaveyJDaveyJ Posts: 1,090Member
    Pistnbroke's outlook on this I share as well. Nikon wants to make the D500 a top shelf DX camera and I am willing to get the camera and get the pretty close to top shelf SD and XQD card and go put it to serious use. By the time I have a D500 my son will own one and have put it through the paces.
  • kyoshinikonkyoshinikon Posts: 411Member
    Not only price but in size too. One of the least things liked about CF is its archaic size. I'm sold on it. Just las Saturday I shot a race and the XQD transferred to my laptop in half the time the CF did.
    “To photograph is to hold one’s breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It’s at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy.” - Bresson
  • haroldpharoldp Posts: 984Member
    The CFast card prices for the canon seem to be far greater than the QXD so maybe Nikon got it right ...OK 1/2 right as they only fitted one ...
    It helps that Sony is committed to XQD to support their pro Video cameras
    D810, D3x, 14-24/2.8, 50/1.4D, 24-70/2.8, 24-120/4 VR, 70-200/2.8 VR1, 80-400 G, 200-400/4 VR1, 400/2.8 ED VR G, 105/2 DC, 17-55/2.8.
    Nikon N90s, F100, F, lots of Leica M digital and film stuff.