School boy error on Nikon Webpage

I always read the Nikon emails and was shocked when I followed a link to - A Quick Guide to choosing the correct Shooting Mode.

What a school boy error with aperture control !!!
Aperture priority (A)

If you want to control your depth of field, i.e. how much of the foreground and background are in focus, then this is your mode. Set A on the mode dial and you get to choose the aperture (f-number) via the rear command dial, and all the other settings, while the camera decides the appropriate shutter speed. Setting a small aperture like f/16 or f/22 creates a shallow depth of field, capturing your subject sharply and blurring anything in front or behind it. This is ideal for portraits, as it throws a distracting background beyond focus. A large aperture like f/2.8 or f/4 gives you a wide depth of field, with everything sharp in frame – perfect for landscapes, where you want everything in focus. To help you remember which type of aperture you need, f-numbers are fractions, so f/2.8 (i.e. 1/2.8th) is a large (wide) aperture, while f/16 (i.e. 1/16th) is a small (narrow) aperture.

https://nikoninframe.co.uk/hints-and-tips/a-quick-guide-to-choosing-the-correct-shooting-mode

Nikon you are better than that !!!

Comments