New upgrade software for DxO Optics Pro 11

paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
edited June 2016 in Other Manufacturers
The French company DxO have just released their latest Upgrade tp Optics pro Elite 11 Lots of new add-on, See link
http://www.dxo.com/us/photography/photo-software/dxo-opticspro?utm_medium=email&utm_source=dxo&utm_campaign=dop11-discount-2-customers-EN-UK&utm_content=EN#new-in-dxo-opticspro-11
This cross platform software saves you many hours of work in Post Production with excellent batch facilities and increased speed in workflow.
Post edited by paulr on
Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits

Comments

• retreadretread Posts: 574Member
    I have Optics pro Elite 10. Is Optics pro Elite 11 worth upgrading for?
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    It will be if you have a new camera, as they only release updates for the latest version. There are some other enhancements:
    DxO PRIME 2016 - The industry-leading denoising is now even faster and more powerful
    Smart Lighting’s Spot Weighted mode - Uses face detection to intelligently apply an intelligent tone map to the entire image
    Red-eye - Automated detection and correction of red eyes
    Auto Microcontrast - Automatically enhances fine details in your images, but smart enough to leave faces and high ISO images intact
    Improved Selective Tone - Better preservation of midtones for a more natural look
    Full-screen display mode - Browse your images in an immersive, distraction-free environment
    Rating and filtering shortcuts - Easily cull through photos using new keyboard shortcuts
    Slider reactivity - Up to twice as fast, providing a frictionless user experience
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    I have upgraded £55 00 A lot faster with has mentioned above, some new additions
    Yes is the answer.
  • framerframer Posts: 491Member
    I had 9 and almost never used it but for some reason about a week ago I upgraded and have been surprised that I love it. I've spent the last week redoing several images and have seen a marked improvement. Thumbs up from me...

framer
  • NikoniserNikoniser Posts: 100Member
    Hmmmm I have been testing it :

DxO PRIME 2016 - The industry-leading denoising is now even faster and more powerful

I have been back to back testing 10 vs 11 on some challenging D810 pics at iso 6400

Speed :

10: 2min 42 seconds

11: 2min 19 seconds

Visual comparison

Slightly more contrast, and better retention of geometric details

Overall a slight improvement, not as massive as 9 > 10 where there nearly doubled the speed, but a definate improvement.

Smart Lighting’s Spot Weighted mode - Uses face detection to intelligently apply an intelligent tone map to the entire image

Awesome tool, really speeds up my work. Can manually select faces and areas of interest to expose perfectly

Red-eye - Automated detection and correction of red eyes

Again Awesome, something I have been looking for a long time.

Auto Microcontrast - Automatically enhances fine details in your images, but smart enough to leave faces and high ISO images intact

OK, a very slight improvement in images.

Improved Selective Tone - Better preservation of midtones for a more natural look

Marginal improvement.

Full-screen display mode - Browse your images in an immersive, distraction-free environment
    Rating and filtering shortcuts - Easily cull through photos using new keyboard shortcuts

Useful, but if you are using DXO to rate and cull you are insane.

Slider reactivity - Up to twice as fast, providing a frictionless user experience

What they have done is sample the image down so it goes blurry when you use a slider, so lighting changes are easier to see, but overall not a great improvement.
    edited June 2016
    Nikonser Your production times will vary depending on what computer you have. There's a lot going on when you use Clear view and prime
    I tested my computer with a D810/14-24 and the work was done in 1 minute 10 seconds.
    .prime is a acronym for

Probabilistic Raw Image Enhancement
    Post edited by paulr on
    That is why I tested identical images, with identical settings, on the same computer. DXO 11 is slightly faster than DXO 10

Version 10: 2min 42 seconds

Version 11: 2min 19 seconds
    I accept what you say, however the software is dependant on what computer is used
    The times you refer to are on your computer other computers will vary regardless of which version you use .

Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 11.52.47
    We are in violent agreement - your computer is faster than mine ! I was mainly interested in the statement by DXO "DxO PRIME 2016 - The industry-leading denoising is now even faster and more powerful"

My tests say, at least for me, 11 is very slightly faster and more effective than 10, but not the huge jump V9 to V10 was.
    I think the problem is you can't really see the difference of what it does till it goes to your next process the small window you can see isn't that helpful. They are lots of other software companies offering noise control software Macphun is very good and you can see the difference live. I see they are offering 40% discount at the moment. I paid £55 00 to upgrade so not a fortune.