Problems with the Video Button a D810

paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
Just wondered if anybody has had problems using the video button on the D810. I rarely use this function but tried the other day and it only worked sometimes , now not at all. Tried a Camera Default re=set, but made no difference. If I use the camera for Video I use the Atomos Blade .Spoke to Nikon NPS UK and they say they have had only one D810 back with the same problem. Have tried other function buttons to start Video but made no difference.
Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits

Comments

• IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    If you've re-assigned the video button to a different function button, and it still doesn't work, you don't have a hardware/button problem. What state is the camera in when you go to start video recording? You have to have the "live view selector" rotated to the movie mode. No recording will happen in still move, even if you are in live view.
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks Ironheart I am aware of that, The live view shows the video screen with the sound bars on the left, but no red record light. Nikon seem to think its a button problem rather than a circuit problem. No doubt it will have to go back to Nikon while its still under warranty.
    Post edited by paulr on
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    Hmmm, but you said it still doesn't work when you re-assign the button? If that's true, I agree back to Nikon under warranty.
  • WalColWalCol Posts: 3Member
    Mine is doing the same, 23 months old and I rarely use the video mode. Found that if I remove the battery or lens or tripod mount it sometimes starts recording. If that doesn't work a gentle tap seems to get it going. Heat, use, card type, or settings is not the issue. It went to the repairer today under a warranty.
    Did anyone get this looked at? Wondering if something has come loose internally and if it's due to design or manufacturing.
    Any advise appreciated.
  • radimradim Posts: 1Member
    My camera started to have the same issues just yesterday. I can't believe that after several years (I found posts about it from 2015) that these problems are going on, there is no answer to this question or a firmware fix ... is there any solution?
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    edited September 2017
    At that time I sent the camera back to Nikon Uk but they could not find the problem, they sent the camera back and since that time the camera has worked fine, maybe I should have not said that ??? The fault on the D810 was not known to them with other D810s so rather strange.
    Post edited by paulr on