DXO One Camera

paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
http://uk.store.dxo.com/dxo-one-camera.html?___store=uk_uk
If your a travelling Photographer this camera looks good, Especially when you consider that DXO are giving away some of their major software products with the camera.
Sadly for those of us that own DXO software, there is no discount, which makes the camera look a tad expensive.
Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits

Comments

• BabaGanoushBabaGanoush Posts: 252Member
    Saw it demonstrated by a DxO rep yesterday at a local Best Buy. A video replay on his iPhone exhibited much less barrel distortion than I've seen in other cameras like GoPro and the Yi. The viewing screen on the back of the camera is very tiny and B&W, not color, and since I don't own an iPhone, it's doubly of no interest to me.
  • manhattanboymanhattanboy Posts: 1,003Member
    I like this camera. They have improved features with the updates over the years. Super portable, and very convenient. I shoot it detached from the iPhone 99% of the time. Just crop down to frame in post. It's the first camera that is as convenient to shoot with compared to a smart phone as you can just leave it in your pocket take it out to get the shot and be on your way. The methodical shooters will likely hate it but if you are a snap and go kind of person you will like this camera.
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    I was tempted but reading the reviews there seems to quite a lot of problems with the interface between camera and phone and quite low battery performance. Access to chargers when abroad can be a problem. I was unaware you could see images when the camera was not attached to a IPhone/Ipad?
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    I wish DxO would have the foresight to not use the Apple Lightning connector, as that's a super proprietary connection. If they used USB-C, I would have perhaps given it some thought.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • manhattanboymanhattanboy Posts: 1,003Member
    paulr said:

I was tempted but reading the reviews there seems to quite a lot of problems with the interface between camera and phone and quite low battery performance. Access to chargers when abroad can be a problem. I was unaware you could see images when the camera was not attached to a IPhone/Ipad?

For stills the battery will last pretty much most of the day when using it as a stand alone (non-attached to the phone). For video, the battery drops a lot quicker. Charging is through a microUSB connection; basically anything you can plug a USB end into you can charge it from. From a traveling standpoint, this is similar to what you would have to do to charge your phone. Its still easier to just use a good smartphone camera while traveling, but the ability to shoot RAW off a one-inch sensor is pretty nice to have if you actually want to do more than just post to social media.
    NSXTypeR said:

I wish DxO would have the foresight to not use the Apple Lightning connector, as that's a super proprietary connection. If they used USB-C, I would have perhaps given it some thought.

I only use the connector if I need to update the camera or transfer pics to the phone to send immediately. Otherwise, I just pop out the microSD and do what I normally would do in post for pics shot on my Nikon cameras.
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    manhattanboy Thanks for the information, They have reduced the price in the UK to £399.