Assigning the Fn button for Non-CPU lens.

mdw612mdw612 Posts: 1Member
edited April 2015 in D90/D7x00
Good Day All

I viewed a YouTube video, from "The Art of Photography" reviewing the D7100, and in his video he showed that he had assigned the Fn button for his Non-CPU lenses I have not been able to locate any information of how to configure for this function, ANY help from the membership would be gratefull
Thank you for looking!

Michael White
Photography by Michael D.White
www.facebook.com/photographybymichaeldwhite
Tagged:

Comments

• bald_eaglebald_eagle Posts: 104Member
    Hi @mdw612 and welcome to NRF. :)

You need to assign the "Press+Command Dial" option in the Custom Settings "Controls" section (item f2 actually) as mentioned in the manual on page 255..

It's probably worth looking in the manual from page 253 as most of the options for "Press" and "Press+Command Dial" are mutually exclusive (i.e. you can't choose most of the "Press" options and also use a "Press+Command Dial" and vice-versa.

Cheers,
    Baldy. ;)
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Bald-eagle beat me to it. The D7100 manual is pretty good and I consider it a must read if you want to customised your camera and gain the full benefit from all the functions.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Hi @mdw612 and welcome to NRF. :)

It's probably worth looking in the manual from page 253 as most of the options for "Press" and "Press+Command Dial" are mutually exclusive (i.e. you can't choose most of the "Press" options and also use a "Press+Command Dial" and vice-versa.

Cheers,
    Baldy. ;)
    Indeed. I found that to be very frustrating.
    Always learning.
  • superfortresssuperfortress Posts: 4Member
    really a good answer
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,742Member
    I do that. It is really handy. I also have it set so that when I hold it down, have a bracket set, have "S" set, it will shoot a bracket when I press the shutter release and stop shooting when the bracket is finished.

The problem is that you can only set ten non-CPU lenses and I have more than that. Does anybody have a fix for that?