Google's smart glasses

sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
edited February 2013 in Nikon DSLR cameras
They are not here yet
but can any see the day when these could be used instead of a view finder

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Knowing your usual typing accuracy seven, I can't help but wonder if you mean goggles.... ;)
    Always learning.
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    No I mean Google as in Larry Page and Sergey Brin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21519859
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Nice to see you haven't found lost your sense of humour then seven... :-\"
    Always learning.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    One can only hope that someone other than Google comes up with something better.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    Its been a few months since they first unveiled a live demo. they have been working on it for a few years now. :-) I dont think the tech can be used as a viewfinder (yet) it basically works like looking at a reflection through a window. you still see the coffee cup inside the window but you can also see the reflection of your face. but who know .. i am sure it could be done. say pulling a black curtain over the window and all you see is the reflection ?

Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited February 2013
    One can only hope that someone other than Google comes up with something better.
    I love this forum. Even before a product is even released, people want something better

Post edited by sevencrossing on
    No, I just don't like Google.
  • obajobaobajoba Posts: 206Member
    No, I just don't like Google.
    What's to hate about Google?

Glass is actually pretty cool for many reasons, mostly for the geo and informational data, but the camera/video aspect is cool as well. I really just wish Nikon or Canon would create a proper sensor for phones/Glass/etc.

D4 | 70-200 2.8 VR | 24-70 2.8 | TC-17e II
    edited February 2013

What's to hate about Google?
    You mean aside from Google's practices? Google is intrusive enough already. I wonder what kind of ads they'll try to sell through the glasses?
    Post edited by PB_PM on
  • obajobaobajoba Posts: 206Member

You mean aside from Google's practices? Google is intrusive enough already. I wonder what kind of ads they'll try to sell through the glasses?
    You've been watching too many Scroogled ads, have you? :-S I honestly prefer more relevant advertising since I'm going to be served ads anyway, and I love that I can control which data is used to select them through my Privacy settings. You can also disable all tracking and many other things within your settings. Aside from that, a few ads beats the heck out of paying to run my own mail server and there is zero chance I would trust MS or Yahoo with my mail. But, I digress, we all pick our own poison and Glass is yet another of those available soon.

D4 | 70-200 2.8 VR | 24-70 2.8 | TC-17e II
    edited February 2013
    Never even heard of Scroogled. I use an Ad blocker, so I don't see ads, period.
    Post edited by PB_PM on