Replacement Bellows for the standard Nikon PB-6 Bellows

paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
Does anybody know where I can acquire a bellows for the PB-6 I just want the bellows part only
Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits

Comments

• NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    Do you still have the original manual? Maybe there's a part number there. Just a suggestion.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    edited January 2017
    No I am told by Nikon that it would probably be cheaper to buy a complete second-hand PB-6 assembly that try and get a replacement bellows.They go on Ebay quite cheap now.
    Post edited by paulr on
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    edited January 2017
    have you considered turning it into a "bag bellows"...basically make your own black tube in cloth and keep it out the light path with a 3-4 in light coil spring.
    If you put camera bellows maker in google you will find 3 or 4 makers inc one in china///might be cheaper than the $300 for a second hand one
    Post edited by Pistnbroke on
    Its just for a back-up. Looking at Ebay Bellows are no longer in favour and go quite cheap Personally I prefer them but I don't use a grip on the D8xxx series and D3/4/5 users are limited to portrait use unless they want to spend a fortune on PB-6D adapters. but thanks for the information.
  • SnowleopardSnowleopard Posts: 244Member
    I am still looking for the PB-6E extension for my PB-6. It is horrible that Nikon no longer makes useful products.
    ||COOLPIX 5000|●|D70|●|D700|●|D810|●|AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED|●|AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D|●|AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D|●|AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G|●|AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D|●|AF-S Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED|●|AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED (Silver)|●|AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III|●|PB-6 Bellows|●|EL-NIKKOR 50mm f/2.8||
    It took me two years to find mine . Got one in Japan eventually.The extra length does help but makes focusing limited, I finished up buying the Nikon 105 F4 bellows lens which helped matters.
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    These guys may be able to help with your replacement bellows:
    http://www.custombellows.co.uk
    Thanks IronHeart, I did contact them but cost was fairly high due to the supply of better quality bellows than the original.
    I will keep watching Ebay. There's no rush.