NikonRumors now on a new (secure) server

PeterPeter Posts: 178Administrator
I just moved NikonRumors to a new, secure server (https:// instead of http://). If you are experiencing any issues, please add a comment to this discussion and I will look into it. Thanks!
admin | nikonrumors.com

Comments

• PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    Does this mean we can now fill out a sinature in the UK ?
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    Great B)
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    edited April 2017
    Yes and we seem to have lost the edit function so I cannot correct my typing errors
    ......yet another backward step for man and nikon.

Oh I found it ..now its flashing on and off ..if you know where it is/should be DOH
    Post edited by Pistnbroke on
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Hi Peter, good job.

Coincidentally perhaps, but I have lost the scroll function of my mouse wheel and this only affects NR and started when the server changed.

Any ideas?
    Always learning.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    Things are working fine for me. I was wondering if you could place the pages at the end of the thread on the forum main page.

It would help speed up movement in the main forum.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • PeterPeter Posts: 178Administrator

Does this mean we can now fill out a sinature in the UK ?

I have to look into this. I just changed the server, I have not changed the software the forum is running on.
    admin | nikonrumors.com

Hi Peter, good job.

Coincidentally perhaps, but I have lost the scroll function of my mouse wheel and this only affects NR and started when the server changed.

Any ideas?

Is scrolling working on other websites?
    admin | nikonrumors.com
    NSXTypeR said:

Things are working fine for me. I was wondering if you could place the pages at the end of the thread on the forum main page.

Which pages do you mean? The discussions move down on the main page based on the latest comments.
    admin | nikonrumors.com
    edited April 2017
    Peter said:

Hi Peter, good job.

Any ideas?

Is scrolling working on other websites?
    Yes, other websites open on other tabs all work as usual, like I said, this only affects NR. EDIT: Bizarre, this only happens on my Win 7 internet machine, not on my Win 10 editing machine.
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited April 2017
    I am on a win7 pro machine.. works fine. which browser are you using?
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• retreadretread Posts: 574Member
    I have windows 7 and windows explorer and all is the same as before the change. If you had not told I would not have known.
    edited April 2017

I am on a win7 pro machine.. works fine. which browser are you using?

Chrome. Weird that Chrome is fine on Win 10, but no scrolling only on NR with Win7?
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.
    edited April 2017
    I am on chrome too... all is well with mine..
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

I suppose my Win 7 machine is getting old now and funny things happen when Microsoft machines get 'updated' to a standstill...
    Always learning.
    I guess.. Mine is freshly installed win7..

• NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    Peter said:

NSXTypeR said:

Which pages do you mean? The discussions move down on the main page based on the latest comments.
    I was hoping to get an index of pages per thread so you can quickly go to a specific page of a thread from the main index of threads on the main forum. It's a minor thing, but it speeds navigation to specific parts of threads.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • MegapixelSchnitzelMegapixelSchnitzel Posts: 185Member
    Does this mean the old server was insecure and all our data has been hacked by the North Koreans? Did we all wind up on a no-fly list?
    Lol!
    Always learning.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited April 2017

Does this mean the old server was insecure and all our data has been hacked by the North Koreans? Did we all wind up on a no-fly list?

Yes, those who are part of the glorious revolution have seized your data, Kim Jong-un has personally been using your information to commit all kinds of evil deeds. I suspect a national security service will be visiting you shortly.

They cannot get through the HTTPS, because the encryption is flawless. Sadly, anyone who accessed the site over the past 8 years is up a creek without a paddle.
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.