Do you all get your d600 replaced with a d610?

waterporkwaterpork Posts: 3Member
edited May 2015 in Nikon DSLR cameras
Hi, I'm a d600 user and I want to know what policy of compensation does Nikon have for d600? Just a lifelong free cleaning or they replace it with a d610?
Tagged:

Comments

• ThomasHortonThomasHorton Posts: 323Member
    You might want to contact Nikon directly to get the answer.

Good luck with it.
    Gear: Camera obscura with an optical device which transmits and refracts light.
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    You have to demonstrate that your D600 cannot be repaired after multiple attempts, and then you may be able to convince them to upgrade.
  • mustangdarenmustangdaren Posts: 27Member
    Sell it, buy the Nikon D750 or D810. The D610 is not going to fix your oil on sensor issues. The other option is to learn to clean your own sensor and live with it. I have owned both. Over time the dust/oil issue diminishes on both the D600/D610.
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited May 2015
    ?? D610 has no oil issues ....
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    Agreed, we have heard no reports of oil on the 610, in fact, it was released to resolve the issue.
  • nitro4menitro4me Posts: 252Member
    I haven't had any issues on my D610 except for the operator behind it! =))
  • mustangdarenmustangdaren Posts: 27Member
    edited May 2015
    I replaced my third D600 with a D610. 200 shots, dust/oil on sensor. I tried air but debris did not budge. I did a wet clean, debris smeared on the sensor, same issue as I had on the D600. I have 3000 shots on it now and still have some oil on sensor but it is diminishing. I suspect 1000 more shots, another wet cleaning and it will be fine. If you do not use max shutter speed often you may not see it. I only notice the spots in sky shots like aviation where I shoot at F8 or higher. For studio photography the larger F-stop makes it almost not visible. Don't get me wrong, I love the D610. I will eventually add a D810 or D750 as my main and use the D610 as a second body only because of the better low light focus and face recognition on the newer cameras. I can live with cleaning sensors but the hunting focus in low light drives me nuts sometimes.
    Post edited by mustangdaren on
    I have had my D610 for awhile now.. needs a first cleaning but its no worst than any other Nikon camera I have / had.
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited May 2015
    For those who have not had a D4, after about 10,000 images I cleaned over 70 oil spots from the sensor. Now, at 37,000 the oil issue is all but gone.

My D800E has at least one or two spots, but I cannot usually see these, so no cleaning tried at least for the present.

For reasons I do not understand, Nikon must have the desire to really over lubricate some mechanism inside which in turn spits out the oil.

If one can convince Nikon to give up a D610 for their oiled up D600, I would certainly think this is an act in good faith on the part of Nikon.
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    If you have the D600 you MUST get the shutter changed and keep the paperwork as any buyer will want to see this otherwise its worthless ..
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,742Member
    By the time I sell my cameras they are worthless regardless of history. Anyone on here care to bid for an F80? What will my D800 be worth when I upgrade to a D820. I will just keep it as a second body.
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    By the time I sell my cameras they are worthless regardless of history. Anyone on here care to bid for an F80? What will my D800 be worth when I upgrade to a D820. I will just keep it as a second body.
    Wow...an F80. I am going to have to google that model. I thought I was old...don't remember it at all. :D
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
    I bought it in Japan. I think it was an N80 in North America.
    edited May 2015
    F80 nice .. its one of those cameras I "wanted" but never got ...

and then it got superseded .. and I already had the F601 :-) still have it :-) Found it on a shelf with some film still in it !! finnished shooting the roll and developed it and found pictures of the kids who were much smaller that the ones who were at uni ;-) put some modern Fujifilm negatives in it and shot a few rolls .. new film is quite nice !
    Post edited by heartyfisher on

Yes, it was a great first SLR. I would go on a two week holiday to Asia or Europe and shoot 30 roles of 36 with it. Bloody expensive. Thank god for digital.

I am tempted to take resurrect it and take a darkroom course with it. Try some old fashioned burning and dodging.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited May 2015
    I bought it in Japan. I think it was an N80 in North America.
    The "N"models were only for the USA, since it was an easy way for Nikon USA to protect itself against gray market bodies. In Canada, and the rest of the world for that matter, they were "F" bodies.
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • HipShotHipShot Posts: 528Member
    I contacted Nikon this week. I just wanted to schedule a sensor cleaning for my D600. They asked me to send them an unaltered photo from the D600. Yesterday they called me and they want to to replace my D600, which I bought in December 2012, with a brand new D610.

Very cool, Nikon!

B)
  • Ton14Ton14 Posts: 698Member
    edited June 2017
    Bought it jan 2013, Nikon changed the shutter, oil problems gone, great FF camera, autofocus not so good in dark situations, but I put a flash trigger with "AF on" on it and it shoot in the dark. Selling price after nearly 5 years is very low, no problem, because i don't sell it. Changed my 9 year D300 for a new D7200 as second camera (got €250.- (+ €100.- from Nikon), think this is a good deal.
    Post edited by Ton14 on
    User Ton changed to Ton14, Google sign in did not work anymore
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Funny that, I looked at buying a D600 to convert for Astro but on eBay they were too expensive.
    Always learning.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    In that case, if you can find a D600 for cheap and turn it in to Nikon for a free D610 upgrade then that might be the deal of century.

Too bad Nikon squandered so much good will amongst Nikon users.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    NSXTypeR said:

In that case, if you can find a D600 for cheap and turn it in to Nikon for a free D610 upgrade then that might be the deal of century.

Too bad Nikon squandered so much good will amongst Nikon users.

I doubt Nikon would do that unless you could prove you are the original owner.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • RyukyuRyukyu Posts: 30Member
    edited June 2017
    HipShot said:

I contacted Nikon this week. I just wanted to schedule a sensor cleaning for my D600. They asked me to send them an unaltered photo from the D600. Yesterday they called me and they want to to replace my D600, which I bought in December 2012, with a brand new D610.

By what method did you contact them and which facility did you contact?
    Post edited by Ryukyu on
  • HipShotHipShot Posts: 528Member
    Ryukyu said:

HipShot said:

By what method did you contact them and which facility did you contact?
    I opened a service ticket on Nikon's website. The phone call came from somewhere in Pennsylvania. I just sent the D600 to Los Angeles today.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    edited June 2017
    That is what we in the UK call 'a right result'!

Are you the original owner @Hipshot?
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.