Nikon D850a ?? Astrophotography version

AbhinavAbhinav Posts: 40Member
edited July 2017 in Nikon DSLR cameras
Yet to see rumors of this version though this camera is backordered on almost all the websites.Any chance of Nikon stopping production of A version of D810 and coming up with Nikon D820a version of the same .
Post edited by Abhinav on

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    I'm not sure they will do that - at least for a good while. Serious astro is shot with a tracking head so high ISO improvements will not be as important as they are for those trying to cram photons onto the sensor before the subject moves.

What improvements over the D810a do you want?
    Always learning.
  • AbhinavAbhinav Posts: 40Member
    Articulated screen will do it for me.Its a wonderful for camera I have been using for a while.
    Btw High iso has loads of benefits for people like me who does earth and sky styled of astrophotography . Improved iso performance is always welcomed by astrophotographers
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Yes, I too do nightscapes. Hi ISO isn't the answer. The best thing is to use moderate ISO (1000-1600) to avoid noise at the high end or banding on the low end. You seem to think that hi ISO improvements are the answer but they are only the result of better in camera processing, not a more sensitive sensor.
    Always learning.
    Better sensor and better in camera processing always adds up to it .To each his own some maybe happy with lower isos and some may not be .

Btw Can admin change the title to Nikon D850a ?
    I'm always for Better sensor and Better in camera processing .To each his own ... Many will be happy using lower iso and many would like to have higher iso capability .I don't see anything wrong in having a camera with good high iso capability.

Yes, I too do nightscapes. Hi ISO isn't the answer. The best thing is to use moderate ISO (1000-1600) to avoid noise at the high end or banding on the low end. You seem to think that hi ISO improvements are the answer but they are only the result of better in camera processing, not a more sensitive sensor.

TO each his own ... I don't see anything wrong in having better sensor and better camera processing .
  • privateerprivateer Posts: 1Member

The removal of the infrared cut filter for the hydrogen alpha wavelength, the "a" part is the most crucial.