DXO what have they done

PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
Well they seem to have done a site upgrade ..well no ..all I want to do is enter camera/lens details quickly and get a result.
Could not get the site to give me anything....
Anyone else made sense of it ..................

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    I too found it a downgrade when I tried to use it. I thought I was just being thick so if anybody can shed some light on it..?
    Always learning.
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,742Member
    edited September 2017
    It might be for the better that it is hard to use. Shots of flat charts taken at a distance that may or may not be the distance you are using the lens for can be misleading.
    Post edited by WestEndFoto on
  • BVSBVS Posts: 440Member

Well they seem to have done a site upgrade ..well no ..all I want to do is enter camera/lens details quickly and get a result.
    Could not get the site to give me anything....
    Anyone else made sense of it ..................

On PC, click "Lenses" at the top, then click the "Explore Lens Database" button at the top of the right column, and then you end up at their funky widget like before.

Personally, I preferred the even older version of the site from before they had the widget, which was much easier to select specific lenses.
    D7100, 85 1.8G, 50 1.8G, 35 1.8G DX, Tokina 12-28 F4, 18-140, 55-200 VR DX
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    Sorry BVS still dont get it ..all I want is a box to type in Nikon 300mm f4 or whatever and get the test results ..oh thats too simple ....Well they are a french company what do you expect ....--
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    BVS said:

Personally, I preferred the even older version of the site from before they had the widget, which was much easier to select specific lenses.

Yes, me too BVS.
    Always learning.