D750 + Sigma 70-200 f/2.8

Hey everybody, I need your help! I'm about to buy the D750 and I was wondering if my main lens (Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX APO IF HSM) is compatible with this (AF working ok, metering, etc). Sorry if it seems like a dumb question but i couldn't find that info anywhere else. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    I dont see any reason why not..all should function fine .. Just fit ,set the fine focus adjust and off you go
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Hi juanmrojas,welcome to NR.

I use Sigma lenses on my D750 and would say the only area of concern is you get more missed focus with them than with Nikon lenses HOWEVER, you will get lovely images from the Art range when they are sharp.

I just did 150 shots of a friends baby, 10 weren't sharp, all taken with flash.
    Always learning.
  • SportsSports Posts: 365Member
    I use a Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 with a D300 and a D500, and both work fine ... but I've never used a D750.
    D300, J1
    Sigma 70-200/2.8, 105/2.8
    Nikon 50/1.4G, 18-200, 80-400G
    1 10-30, 30-110
  • BVSBVS Posts: 440Member
    If you're in the US, don't forget there's a Black Friday sale coming up on D750, so you might want to wait till then to purchase.
    D7100, 85 1.8G, 50 1.8G, 35 1.8G DX, Tokina 12-28 F4, 18-140, 55-200 VR DX
  • juanmrojasjuanmrojas Posts: 10Member
    Thanks everybody! I was kinda nervous since I live in Argentina and a friend who is going to travel here in december is going to bring me the new camera. Thanks BVS as well, I'm buying it on Black Friday with the free battery grip as well as the 24-70 f/2.8 non-VR version. Finally buying my first FX body, can't wait to have it with me! Appreciate the fast responses, you guys rock!
  • juanmrojasjuanmrojas Posts: 10Member

Hi juanmrojas,welcome to NR.

I use Sigma lenses on my D750 and would say the only area of concern is you get more missed focus with them than with Nikon lenses HOWEVER, you will get lovely images from the Art range when they are sharp.

I just did 150 shots of a friends baby, 10 weren't sharp, all taken with flash.

I work 95% of the time at the studio with flashes and static models so I don't really need the fastest focus... even so, the same happens to me with my D7000 and D300, i believe it must be a Sigma issue. Maybe next year I can purchase the Nikkor version (fingers crossed!)
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Don't get me wrong Juan, Sigma Art IQ is great and I like them but the missed focus is not down to speed as far as I can see, it just happens. I ended up duplicating every shot when doing paid work.
    Always learning.