What else can I fix?

I have a question about the work of Adobe Illustrator 21.1.0. Recently, my house had a power failure, and my computer shut down at one point when Illustrator was launched. And now I can not open the file ai because of - Can not open the illustration. The illustration contains an incomplete or garbled object description. Attempts to do the same on another PC, did not give positive results. What can be done with this?

Comments

• HankBHankB Posts: 222Member
    I can't help you with your actual question, but for future, you must get a UPS [Uninterruptible Power Supply] for any desktop computer, and configure it to properly shut down while the limited battery power lasts.
  • There are two options i can think of.

1. Try to locate the file on your c drive and delete it manually. You will have to figure out where it is stored and the file extension. I assume you know the file date from the date of the failure. Also, clean your c drive with the microsoft imbedded software. This will delete any temp files. Last, go into the temp folder and manually delete all files that the system allows you to delete. You cant delete temp files that the system is currently using.

2. Uninstall and then reinstall the ai software.

Good luck.