Backpack or bag recommendations?

2»

Comments

• trolleytrolley Posts: 206Member
    PB_PM said:

@trolley, how is the space with the camera mounted to lens? Does it fill the entire middle space, or is there room to spare? I have been looking at the Flipside AW 500 MKII as a better solution for moving my big glass (200-400mm F4 VR), and I know it's not too much bigger length wise with the hood reversed. Sadly none of the stores around here stock the bag, and it has to be ordered.

Sorry for the slow response - I've been travelling a lot with work - and still am!
    I have a photo somewhere showing it filled. The main issue is the size of the lens hood on the 200-500. But I always have it attached to keep stuff off the lens
  • retreadretread Posts: 574Member
    I carried my whole kit most to the time until I out grew the Think tank airport accelerator. Now I just take what I need but never less that two bodies. In cases that I will do two things in one trip I will put extra stuff in some smaller bags and switch between shoots.
  • autofocusautofocus Posts: 625Member
    I'm looking hard at this, "MindShift Gear BackLight" 26L Backpack. A bit expensive but it holds everything I would want to carry and still meets Airline requirements for carry on. I like that equipment is only accessible from the back and you can rotate the pack while wearing it to access camera/lens. It also holds a 15" MacBook so thats a plus. If anyone has this I would love to hear what you think of it.
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member
    I considered the Mindshift. I went with the Tenba based on price, and I thought the Mindshift would be too big. But now that I have the Tenba in hand I wish I got something a little bigger.
  • retreadretread Posts: 574Member
    I like my think tank airport accelerator because I can put two bodies side by side at the top. Others I looked at put one in the middle of the top with the lens hanging down. I can carry two bodies with big lenses attached this way. It still can carry on for most planes.
  • HipShotHipShot Posts: 528Member
    FWIW, I purchased a Lowepro in September 2015. A month ago I noticed some stitching on it had failed. Lowepro quickly replaced the bag at no cost to me.
  • sportsport Posts: 120Member
    Nice! I hope nothing ever happens to my clik elite bag now that they closed.
  • webmastadjwebmastadj Posts: 219Member
    I just purchased the Manfrotto Pro Light Bumblebee-130. I love it! It is just big enough to fit my MacBook Pro 15-inch, 70-200, 24-70, 50mm, two go pros and my D500 with grip. I do have the other lens you listed, and they fit without an issue. I purchased the bag as a carryon for my trip to spain in the coming weeks. If I wasn't trying to keep the bag on the smaller side, I would have gotten the 230 version. Who knows, maybe I will pick that one up too to fit my 200-500 in as well!

Hope this helps.
  • trolleytrolley Posts: 206Member
    trolley said:

PB_PM said:

@trolley, how is the space with the camera mounted to lens? Does it fill the entire middle space, or is there room to spare? I have been looking at the Flipside AW 500 MKII as a better solution for moving my big glass (200-400mm F4 VR), and I know it's not too much bigger length wise with the hood reversed. Sadly none of the stores around here stock the bag, and it has to be ordered.

Sorry for the slow response - I've been travelling a lot with work - and still am!
    I have a photo somewhere showing it filled. The main issue is the size of the lens hood on the 200-500. But I always have it attached to keep stuff off the lens