Wireless Lavalier Microphones for DSLR

Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
edited February 2013 in Nikon DSLR cameras
Wanted to share with us all a good review on some microphones that are available for our DSLR.

Sennheiser G3
Sony UWP
Shure FP
Azden 330
Post edited by Msmoto on
D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |

Comments

• AdeAde Posts: 1,071Member
    Nice review. I bought a pair of G3s for doing interviews and am very happy with them.

I'm very lazy too but I always use dual system recording and sync later. The biggest reason is because my camera doesn't have monitor out. Even with the Sony if you're listening to the monitor out from the receiver you don't 100% know for sure what's actually being recorded by the camera. E.g., if the cable from the Sony into the camera got disconnected you wouldn't know from the monitor out.

I did a studio shoot where didn't use dual recording and turned out the (Rode) mic was actually powered off. Very lucky for me even that with the mic power off there was just a fraction of un-amplified signal still being recorded -- enough to sync with PluralEyes with the studio recording. Lesson learned. Now I always monitor what's being recorded.