NIKON MIRRORLESS TEASER VIDEO RELEASED.

PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
http://thenewcamera.com/nikon-fullframe-mirrorless-first-images-teaser-out/

ITS THE END OF THE 100TH YEAR ON THE 25 SO MAYBE NOT TOO LONG TO WAIT
Post edited by Pistnbroke on

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Even I'm getting excited now, and I don't want one!
    Always learning.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    Same here ...I posted this before it went on NR
  • HankBHankB Posts: 222Member
    Looks like HAL did that video!
  • snakebunksnakebunk Posts: 993Member
    The mount looks really big. I wonder if Nikon has planned for larger sensors in the future. I would like that.
    Or maybe it is just the camera that is small.
  • nukuEX2nukuEX2 Posts: 178Member
    All I'm saying is Sony is in deep sh*t and that new mirrorless camera is mainly for the 4k video.
    D7200, 40mm Micro Nikkor f2.8, Lowepro AW Hatchback 16,
  • HikerHiker Posts: 197Member
    nukuEX2 said:

All I'm saying is Sony is in deep sh*t and that new mirrorless camera is mainly for the 4k video.

Why would you say that with NO info on the new Nikon other than a fancy smancy video and blacked out photos?? And we STILL have to wait...
  • sportsport Posts: 120Member
    I just want to know if that lens is huge or the camera is small.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
  • moreorlessmoreorless Posts: 120Member
    snakebunk said:

The mount looks really big. I wonder if Nikon has planned for larger sensors in the future. I would like that.

The actual rear element of the lens doesn't seem THAT big to me so perhaps just making the mount itself large for toughness? Sony have had issues with mount stress haven't they?

That said the rumour is for the Nikon mount to be a bit larger than Sony's FE mount and many have claimed that holding over the E-mount to FF has caused issues with lens performance.

One thing I'v not seen commented on is actually the nature of the video itself. I mean you could argue I spose that having things in shadow is a good way to partly hide the camera so details can be released slowly across several days/weeks but might the shadow itself hint at how the camera will be sold as a low light monster?

Perhaps notable that its a prime lens and from the looks of it not a small one? does look like it could potentially be a 35mm or 50mm F/1.4 as rumoured, maybe something faster?
    I don't think the lens or camera is medium format, was just thinking that the large mount diameter may support larger sensors.

It looks like a Sigma Art lens. Would be fun if it was faster than 1.4, and a smart move from Nikon I think.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member

Even I'm getting excited now, and I don't want one!

I sure am excited, but if I have to ask I won't be able to afford it, so why bother?
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • HikerHiker Posts: 197Member
    Not really knowing, and I'm no engineer THAT'S for sure!! But if this new camera has a larger opening like the video shows, would that have to be because of the rumored dual focusing motors in the new mirrorless?