Nikon DF-M1 Dot Sight

2»

Comments

• PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    have not got a clue what you are on about-- PAD ? so will just go with the links.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    :s Photo-A-Day! The directions on posting are up the top of this main page.
    Always learning.
  • tc88tc88 Posts: 537Member
    @Pistnbroke, @spraynpray, thanks very much for the info. I will give it a try sometime.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    You got to laugh ...Due to the many views of the image of the dot sight by NR members it has become the most popular image on the M4/3 site where it is stored ….!!!!
  • dumerdumer Posts: 11Member

Gunsight success.
    I mounted this on the 200-500 tripod mount reversed to the top.

Seems to be two ways to use it ...Put the red dot on the bird and then transfer your eye to the viewfinder and make final adjustment. Stops that waving the lens about at 500mm on DX to try to find the bird.

Or for birds in flight get the centre focus square accurately aligned with the sight red dot and then just keep the dot on the BIF and blast away in AF-c.

For the first you could just have it in the flash mount but for the second it needs to be bolted rigid to the camera using the 22mm gun site rail. for £20 all in worth a punt.

That sounds totally cool trick! We'll be off to a vacation next weekend and would take some time to practice. The installation of the rack and tonneau covers on the truck is finished so I have time to check out a few more stuff for the camera.