Mistakes I wont make again.

PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
Saw this on another website and it generated some interesting comments .
Of course my rely was very short " Buy a Canon" while in truth I never have owned one. I did invest in Olympus M4/3.bad mistake .sold it all now.

Comments

• CaMeRaQuEsTCaMeRaQuEsT Posts: 357Member
    Tried a Panasonic G7+kit lens+25/1.7+14/2.5. While it was great for video work in both 4K and HD, stills were very noisy, even at base ISO. APS-C is definitively the minimum acceptable sensor size for me, anything smaller is just a toy.
  • Ton14Ton14 Posts: 698Member
    Bought a camera which got great reviews from respected reviewers, but it was rubbish, so I never buy anything expensive anymore which I did not test myself for a couple of days.
    User Ton changed to Ton14, Google sign in did not work anymore
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Ton14 said:

Bought a camera which got great reviews from respected reviewers, but it was rubbish, so I never buy anything expensive anymore which I did not test myself for a couple of days.

Yeah Ton, On-line reviewers. Muppets mainly.
    Always learning.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    Cranking up the ISO way high on a DSLR from 2008. Yeesh, ruined my photos for the rest of the day.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • FreezeActionFreezeAction Posts: 892Member
    I won't make the mistake again of trusting any camera manufacturer to be honest in the highest ISO published delivers a nice clean photo. 4 stops over base is pushing it for much of an enlargement from what I've seen.
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member
    I guess it depends on size and how picky you are. I did a 14" wide print off a ISO 6400 Z6 file and it looks pretty good.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    so how is that a mistake ?
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited May 2019

I won't make the mistake again of trusting any manufacturer to be honest

There fixed it for you. :p

Not much you can do, once the marketing spin doctors get their hands on any product, all bets are off.
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • FreezeActionFreezeAction Posts: 892Member
    PB_PM said:

I won't make the mistake again of trusting any manufacturer to be honest

There fixed it for you. :p

Not much you can do, once the marketing spin doctors get their hands on any product, all bets are off.
    Marketing spin doctors are the equivalent of the stagecoach robberies from the wild west days. You don't notice the noise of ISO 3200 on cropped sensors until you start printing at 24x36 and then I know not to do it. It's like when Fuji was pushing ASA800 speed wedding film that was way to grainy for anything I would want hanging in my house. I was at a major trade show some years back and Fuji was pushing that film like it was the latest greatest achievement in the photo world. It was the best answer for no flash available light only maybe when it's that or nothing. Expecting prints you would exhibit from a D5300 body at ISO 12800 is ludicrous in my neck of the woods. Pure spin doctor hype.

• rmprmp Posts: 586Member
    My v3 has too much noise at ISO 800 on a cloudy day. It really needs good light.
    Robert M. Poston: D4, D810, V3, 14-24 F2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400, 105 macro.