• CEBluecloudsCEBlueclouds Posts: 1,943Member
    ...some more early 500PF shots...
    CHU_9898-2
  • Ton14Ton14 Posts: 698Member
    LED lights

LED studio Light.
    User Ton changed to Ton14, Google sign in did not work anymore
    Till now only 9 !!! members posted photo's on PAD in march.
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,675Member
    Ton14. I will make it 10. This was shot with a D80 and kit lens. You can image how long ago that was! Usually I just post photos in the threads as illustrations of a discussion.

dsc_0035b_ppglamourfemale_44590150390_o
    edited March 2020
    I know Donald, you're not the lazy one :smile: :smile:
    Post edited by Ton14 on
  • HipShotHipShot Posts: 528Member
    This dog is happy to be at the dog park..!
    dogparkphotos20160321-2
  • Capt_SpauldingCapt_Spaulding Posts: 729Member
    @Ton At the risk of inciting my feminist friends, I would say referring to the picture as "A" 10 would be warranted.
  • MrFotoFoolMrFotoFool Posts: 353Member
    edited March 2020
    The reason I don't post is because the site does not allow direct upload (unlike CanonRumors that I came from before switching to a Nikon system, which has dozens of gallery categories and allows direct upload).
    Post edited by MrFotoFool on
    edited March 2020
    @Capt_Spaulding Fun, it is the model of course, in the studio this is not so difficult :). I made this 3 years ago when looking for LED lights and to see how the catch light works, the world is changed now a lot of pro's use LED lights with very creative catch lights in the eyes, some love it and some hate it, this debate will go on forever. I'am cleaning my old photo's at the moment and learn Capture One, because I am a member of the "virus risk group" and have to stay in the house for the coming weeks or so.

As a site note, the RAW convertors are so much better now, which I can see on my D70 photo's and I have a great (session) workflow set up with Capture One for this cleaning action and I made a lot of rubish in the past. (Free up 400gb at the moment and just started ) :)

@MrFotoFool Take a free account on Flickr. I made one, with the minimum mandatory data (name and gmail), then you can post 1000 photo's (I have about 50 or so on it) and only use this account for this forum. The only difference with the Canon forum is that you put your photo's "direct" there instead of somewhere else and use the link. I think you have an account on the Canon forum for posting your photo's.
    Post edited by Ton14 on
    Portrait BW
    edited March 2020
    Is this a "10" even though this is picture number 14? Many people would say it violates the rule to not crop off fingers. She was 57 when this photo was taken and had had three children. Zumba and Yoga and sit-ups and dieting do a lot to keep a body looking young as long as possible.

D600 + 85mm f1.8 lens + Studio Strobes.

don_6996b_pp_45683743554_o
    Post edited by donaldejose on
    @donaldejose I think so, at least that. I do mostly wildlife (of the furred and feathered sort) and landscapes. Used to do some autoracing, but the WEC circus hasn't been back in a number or years and my days of walking 5+ miles up and down hills to get to a decent location are dwindling. I want to do an airshow with the 200-500 but COVID is going to delay that by, probably, years.

As beautiful and voluptuous as the models are, posing and lighting portraiture strikes me as a bit of a dark art. How does one identify the model's strongest features? What positions, postures, and camera angles accent those best? Light itself is complex to the point of brain overload. I've read a bit and am something of a David Hobby/strobist follower, but there is soo much to learn.

Congrats gentlemen, I am not really a qualified judge, but I am impressed.
    edited March 2020
    My wife (in blue if you don't recognize her) and some of her friends. I keep telling her that when a photographer is shooting any woman he is thinking about posing and not overexposing the highlights, and the lighting ratio between highlight and shadow and how to control where that shadow falls and composition and details of hair and best f-stop to use and how much sharpness you want to achieve, etc. But she is unconvinced and thinks a male photographer is thinking only about lust. She is so, so wrong but her jealousy keeps me from shooting women other than herself unless she asks for some of her with her friends like she did here. It is sad that I cannot exercise this skill set more, lots of women would love to have the photos I could produce for them. I find using LED lighting makes controlling lighting ratios and shadow placement easier, especially with a mirrorless body with lets you see in the viewfinder what the final image will look like.

DON_0885_pp

Post edited by donaldejose on
  • GPDenGPDen Posts: 1,171Member
    Emmm.....!!!!! Seems to me that we've strayed a little off the idea of the PAD (i.e. let's just enjoy posting our pics each day and seeing what Nikon folks around the world are snapping without the need for any in depth discussions etc. - other threads are available for such chatter) - Anyway, here's my pic for today, our pup 'Wilf' now 5 months old enjoying some much needed sunshine in the garden...
    DSC_0824
    Stay safe everyone but keep clicking...
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    DSC_5737R1
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
    No commentary on how this was done as per GEDen's post.

RidleyCreek1a
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Some relevant words about the shots are ok @donaldejose .
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.
    One from last summer.

Alpine 6-2019-15
This discussion has been closed.