Z8,Z9 MOCK UP ..OH NO

PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
Did you see the mock up of the Z8/9 on NR today?
https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/AMQZxw0K7nsVXp5MkASfmHacFTE?reason=invalid_crumb
Oh No please ..what is that going to cost ..$$$$$$$$$...I think we just want a Z7 with working autofocus /60MP / a grip facility for the Z8 and hold the builtin grip for the next Olympics

Comments

• WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,742Member
    Then wait for a Z Mark 2 or whatever Nikon will call it. I want a Z mount camera with the performance and ergonomics of my D850 plus grip and the lack of one is a reason that I have not bought into the mount.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    100% agree West end Photo
  • photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 646Member
    A pre-gripped 20-30MP Z camera with solid AF would be most welcome for the upcoming 100-400 and 200-600 lenses. I am quickly falling in love with my Z6 but it doesn’t compare in AF to the Canon 1DXIII I tried in mirrorless mode. Eye AF and subject tracking may just need more grunt than the z6 has room for.

Exiting times. First to pass the post with a pro body and mirrorless supertele wins my money for animals.(My z6 will remain my wedding and walk about body for years to come).

It will be interesting to find out what naming scheme Nikon goes for. The Nikon lenses were very confusing until the Z ones came out.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    Depending on how this coronavirus goes, we may not even have an Olympic event.

I think we have bigger fish to fry than the specifications on the next mirrorless Nikon camera.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 646Member
    NSXTypeR said:

Depending on how this coronavirus goes, we may not even have an Olympic event.

I think we have bigger fish to fry than the specifications on the next mirrorless Nikon camera.

Looking forward to something that isn't death and misery is a fantastic diversion. Though I do delight in the Olympics being cancelled, anything to kill PE.
    I hate sport too and glad its not on the TV for hour after hour . The news channels are 100% coronavirus which is doing my head. SSDD as you yanks say
  • SearcySearcy Posts: 801Member
    What I would like to see in the Z8 is a bigger, d5 type body with vertical and horizontal controls, capability to hold two batteries and more importantly, the ability to lock focus faster like the d850.
    edited April 2020
    I think perhaps Z9 would be better match for your requirements ..some on us want to keep the price down ..fat chance of that !!
    Post edited by Pistnbroke on