Other Art, Graphics, or Hobbies

124»

Comments

• NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    Nope, can't see any of the photos.

I too am trying to get away from Flickr to post photos. Shame about the upload limits.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    None of it visible to me hearty, glad to hear from you again. :)
    Always learning.
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    I have updated the links using another site.. hope it works ...
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    The are viewable now. Getting ready to make models for the next space invasion movie eh? ;)
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    PB_PM said:

The are viewable now. Getting ready to make models for the next space invasion movie eh? ;)

Thanks,

3D models .. for anything really.. should be fun if I ever get the hang of it !

Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member
    edited June 2020
    Here's another desk I made recently:

Untitled

Currently getting close to completing this shelving unit:

Untitled
    Post edited by mhedges on
    Looks interesting - what finish is on it in the picture?
    Always learning.
    Thanks! It's Rubio Monocoat finish on the desk. No finish on the shelf project yet. Hopefully I'll be putting finish on it by the end of the week.
    edited June 2020
    Looked like some kind of wax as it doesn't seem to have changed the colour at all. What is it?

Ah, I see it is an oil.
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.
    It's a hard wax/oil finish. I think its an oil with very small bits of wax suspended in it. And its actually two parts - oil and hardener. You mix it up before application.

They sell it in all kinds of colors but the one I use is the "pure" variety. No color added but it's not exactly clear - it has a yellowish color, but you don't really see that color after application.
    I discovered a great finish when I lived in France, called Huile Cire by Osmo which as the name suggests is a mixture of oil and wax. put it on as thin as you can with a brush (more isn't better), and it can be walked on in 8hrs. looks better and better with the passage of time and feet.
    Always learning.
    That must be the Osmo's oil that I've heard about. I think it's pretty similar to Rubio.

Rubio's the same about less is more. You put it on, let it soak in for about 10 minutes, then remove any free oil. Then buff it out. Basically the only way to mess it up is by not removing the excess and/or not buffing it all out.
    Sounds similar in that way but the Osmo is not a 2-pack.
    Always learning.
  • CEBluecloudsCEBlueclouds Posts: 1,943Member

Let me know if you can see the images.. i am testing a new way to post images.

Hi guys ..
    I have been away for a while mainly health reasons. but also trying to learn some new skills. 3D design .. I am a slow learner.. My first attempts started around the middle of 2018.

Over a few months i progressed a bit.

And a bit more ...

I then hit some limitation with the tool.. so I switched to learning another one that was much harder .... and my output regressed to zero... I also had to go for a serious operation... Anyway months and months later .. I was able to get to this ..

However I have stagnated again with no real improvement for months and put it away in frustration..... Right now I am trying to get back into it again.. .. maybe will have something to show in a few months... wish me luck.

Don't know much about 3D design but you seem to be progressing well..wishing you well on the health front...
  • photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 646Member
    mhedges said:

I finally finished the desk I made for my photo editing PC

That looks cracking, I love a bit of unique furniture.

edited July 2020

mhedges said:

I finally finished the desk I made for my photo editing PC

That looks cracking, I love a bit of unique furniture.

Thanks!

I finished the shelf project about a week ago. Came out pretty nice!

DZ6_9454_960_Large
    Post edited by mhedges on
    Finished this bookmatched cherry desk for my dad

DZ6_9669_1131_Large

DZ6_9670_1133_Large
    What finish is that @mhedges? Just wondering about stopping cupping with a cut from that near the outside of the tree.
    Always learning.
    @spraynpray it was the Rubio Monocoat. That’s all I use right now. But these slabs weren’t from the outside of the tree - they were right at the center.
    Got two more projects done - a walnut coffee table and a set of oak and walnut side tables. Have one more project that's close.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
    That's really cool! Much respect to those that work with their hands.

For me I've been doing a lot of gaming on the PS4. Playing Horizon Forbidden West and having a blast with the photo mode on it.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
    Another coffee table done. This was a gift for some folks who gave me a big tree log that I got milled up.

Untitled

Untitled
    You never fill those big ol' cracks with coloured epoxy?
    Always learning.

You never fill those big ol' cracks with coloured epoxy?

I do but didn't on this project since they were just paying for the materials and wanted to keep the cost down as much as possible. Epoxy is expensive. Also they wanted it quick and crack fills like that take time.
    I've been playing God of War Ragnarok on the PS4 and I beat it last week, just clearing out a whole bunch of end game loose ends now.