Best DSLR and mirrorless camera in 2020

The year 2020 has seen numerous releases in the first quarter itself with a diverse lineup of camera. This is the best time to compare and upgrade your existing device with a suitable and competent alternative. For those who are yearning for an upgrade, Here is the Best DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras for 2020. https://digitalphotographyninja.com/best-dslr-and-mirrorless-camera-2020/

Comments

• WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,742Member
    s.smith said:

The year 2020 has seen numerous releases in the first quarter itself with a diverse lineup of camera. This is the best time to compare and upgrade your existing device with a suitable and competent alternative. For those who are yearning for an upgrade, Here is the Best DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras for 2020. https://digitalphotographyninja.com/best-dslr-and-mirrorless-camera-2020/

This is a very simple question to answer if you have lenses. And by best I assume "money no object". If money is an object, then a different question should be asked - best value.

So if you have Nikon lenses, generally, it is a D850 and Z7

But there are use cases that could lead to a different answer. For example, if your use case is sports and/or action, then it is a probably a D6.

If you don't have Nikon lenses or your investment in Nikon lenses is very minimal, then in my view you need to evaluate the alternative systems and determine which lens lineup best meets your needs.

Then the answer might be the legacy Nikon or Canon systems. Or it might be the new mirrorless system and you might be making that decision based on what is available today or in the near future - for example, based on the Nikon lens roadmap.

Based on the above, unless you are already invested in Sony, I find it difficult to recommend Sony. But if you already invested in Sony, then I wholeheartedly recommend Sony.

This is because in the long run I don't believe that Sony will be competitive with Canon or Nikon on lenses. You still might like Sony because of the cameras - but I think that picking the camera first is backwards for the simple reason that your decision could change every two years, something I could not imagine happening if you base your decision on lenses.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    D850 and Z7s ( 2020 still got time to run)
  • snakebunksnakebunk Posts: 993Member
    Maybe the Panasonic Lumix S1R if it had better AF, or the Hasselblad X1D II if I was into street, landscape and portraits. But, currently I think the D850 is the best camera for what I do. I hope there will soon be a mirrorless camera to beat it on high res, AF demanding, wildlife photography.
  • photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 646Member
    Skipping mirrorless, since it is best DSLR of 2020. I would say currently that is the Canon 1DX Mark III which is just the last hurrah of the DSLR's from Canon and is a cracking thing. The Nikon D6 seams not to have received as warm a welcome(perhaps because Canon put so much into the last 1DX?), but I think it is likely a contender, but I'll need to check it out.

As for mirrorless, even the R5 has compromises and I am sure the Z6s and Z7s will have compromises too. While these will all be great mirrorless bodies, I think mirrorless will really fly past in 4 years with the mark 2 bodies from Nikon and Canon that fix things like EVF lag and battery performance.