Beware the scam.

PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
I did a google search on "D850 for sale UK" and got this.

sales.yiqishuijiao.com/wholesale/nikon_cameras
Top 10 Wholesale Camera Online. Wholesale Price Up To 60% Off + Free Shipping. Multiple Payment Options. Track An Order. Highlights: Free Shipping Available, Multiple Payment Options Available, Newsletter Available.

A D850 for $1300..enter the code for 20% off ..$1050 thats £850.
Strange me thought too cheap but OK pay by credit card and no camera show get a refund.

Statement showed payment to Duchebank so OK
email order confirmation was from Ukrane ..not so good

Stood as pending for 8 days then cleared.
So I e mailed ..." do I get a camera or is this a scam? I dont mind no camera I get a refund from Credit card company."

Next day I got my money back and am £6 better off than at the beginning.

so what was the point of this "Scam" ( got a new card so the details are of no use)

Comments

• photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 646Member
    They got your address, name, and at the time cc details.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member

They got your address, name, and at the time cc details.

Yup, that’s what it’s all about. Keep a close eye on your credit score and accounts.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    Well the Credit card details are no longer valid but if I did not change them they could use the details to pay bills etc or make purchases...we will see
  • tc88tc88 Posts: 537Member
    edited August 2020

Next day I got my money back and am £6 better off than at the beginning.

£6 is just foreign exchange fluctuation. Next time you may also end up with worse. On average, no gain should be expected.

They also now know which address may have expensive camera equipment. :smile:
    Post edited by tc88 on
    I got a big floor safe and a Glock 9mm
  • CaMeRaQuEsTCaMeRaQuEsT Posts: 357Member
    E-mail them again thanking them for the refund and letting them know about your Glock and how many fully loaded clips you carry, maybe even attaching a video of you shooting your best group at the range with the target shown at the end as proof of your marksmanship. Leave your face on the video unblured, they already know how you look like by searching you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, My Space, etc.
    I dont do Facebook twitter Instagram or my space but I think disabling the card may make it difficult to use it to rob me . Seems a lot of trouble to go to by them for no clear gain ...Got the Glock lazer sight ON !!!
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member
    LOL they would probably much rather steal the gun than any camera.
  • daveznspacedaveznspace Posts: 180Member

I got a big floor safe and a Glock 9mm

come here and I have about 10 cans of bear spray lol

well and a glock 10mm loaded with underwood extreme penetrator grizzly rounds, if that'll drop a polar bear it'll drop a thief :p
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    @Pistnbroke is kidding, we had to hand our hand guns in about 1998 when they were made illegal due to the police and the firearm licensing system not working and a couple of nutters who were known to police as a**holes did not have their licenses revoked as they should. One went mad in Hungerford killing randomly in the street before killing himself and the other went mad in Dunblaine Scotland killing young children and teachers then himself. The mothers from Dunblaine had the perfect storm with an election coming so the politicians were tripping over themselves to ban handguns and win votes.

Before that I was a pretty decent Police Pistol and Practical Pistol shooter.

That may be a snapshot of your future one day, even with your constitution I reckon they may find a way.
    Always learning.
    All regulations complied with
  • MrFotoFoolMrFotoFool Posts: 353Member
    I am glad you got your money back, but as the old saying goes "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is". IMO it is always best to order camera gear from a known authorized dealer.