D7500 backward step ?:

18910111214»

Comments

• retreadretread Posts: 574Member
    I use the D7200 & D500 side by side and if I need flash it is an external one on the D7200 most of the time. I like the flexibility that the built in flash does not have. Therefore the built in flash means little to me.
  • DaveyJDaveyJ Posts: 1,090Member
    Quite a while latter, still rate the D7500 as GREAT! And after AKK of that use never wanted a second card slot! As to resolution, anyone who thinks the D7200 is better than the D7500 are in need of an eye exam.
  • retreadretread Posts: 574Member
    I have no doubt the D7500 is a good camera. Having a D500 I have no desire to get one. The D7200 does just fine when I do not need the advantages of the D500. I agree there is little or no real advantage to the extra 4 MP of the D7200. I do though like the security of a second card slot for backup. I would like them to be the same type card though. On the faster camera, or maybe high MP, cameras with very large files should be CFE. On other cameras SD/SDII should be fine. SD is not dead it has a future but is out preformed by CFE.
    I do agree with retread. I would point out Nikon decided to use the dual card slots of the fairly recent D780 with two SDHD cards though. And the new Z5 with pretty much the same, and a battery that is REALLY good. Bottom line I think the DSLR is FAR from dead. I do long to own the D850 and the recent sale of them made me wish I could have afforded one! They did sell out fast when on sale. I do hope Nikon does the same sale again! I do feel though the D780 may just be THE camera that would bring me to FX, But the Z6 II price is way to close to make that move to the D780. Most people think that price should be reduced substantially!
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member
    Agree D780 is a really hard sell at $2300 with Z6II at $2k. But I'm not sure it will come down any time soon. I think it's targeting the EVF die-hards and Nikon will make them pay a premium.
    Handing a D7500 to a fishing guide to take photos with shows D7500 is easier to use than the Z50m hands down! Mirrorless has its limitations!