Comprehensive review of the Z6ii( Ray Hennessy)

PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
edited December 2020 in General Discussions
Even I am getting a bit persuaded (anything must be better than a 16MP D4 !! )
http://rayhennessy.com/blog/2020/12/06/review-of-the-nikon-z6ii-for-wildlife-photography
Post edited by Pistnbroke on

Comments

• photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 646Member
    edited December 2020
    Very good review, so far the Z6 ii is just a smidge ahead of the Z6 on firmware 3.11. I look forward to it pulling ahead with more animal eye AF before I move forward. It looks like it also still has the 'issue' with F lenses(At least I don't have it with Z) where on the 300 PF and for me with the 500 PF if the subject is too close you have to prefocus a bit with the manual ring or it thinks you want that tree and not the squirrel a 20 meters in front of it.
    Post edited by photobunny on
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    If there is no viewfinder in 12 fps then perhaps the answer is a gunsight on the top to track the subject,
  • photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 646Member
    edited December 2020

If there is no viewfinder in 12 fps then perhaps the answer is a gunsight on the top to track the subject,

That comment me made doesn't make senses, you can use 12 FPS on the Z6 and still see what you are doing. It is stuttering, but you can see and track a subject. The Z6ii should be much better and even that angry afro guy that shouts at you showed it was better on the Z6ii than Z6.

The only annoyance on H+ is that you have to manually set to 12 bit to get the full speed, it's 9 FPS on the Z6 and 10-12 FPS on the Z6ii in 14 bit.

Post edited by photobunny on
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    Angry afro guy ..I think you are confusing the angry photographer with fronos photo!
    Thanks for the clarification, Not buying anything till the Coronavirus is over